Chapter 2: Familiarity

| [Y/N]'s PoV |

"May I take your order?" I asked the customer.

   I forced myself to forget about the call last night, but I've been recently thinking about Rika, still worried about her. I just can't stop.

She's been in my thoughts all day. Even though I forced myself to focus from work, she would automatically enter my mind again and again.

Why did she suddenly stop seeing me? Did something bad just happened to her? Does she hate me now?

She can't be... gone, is she?

... No, that's not true.

Someday she might visit me, surprising me with her warm hugs. And this time if she invites me to her parties, I'll surely attend!

She said that she'll never leave my side, and I still believe in her since our friendship was very important to me.

"Please take care, [Y/N]." Rika said with a sweet smile imprinted on her beautiful face, as I watched her walk away.

Those we're the last words she said to me from the day I last saw her. Two years have passed and I still miss her dearly.

"Uhm, hey. Excuse me?"

I snapped out of my thoughts as the customer snapped his fingers in front of my face. I forgot that he's waiting for my reply.

"...Hellooo?"

"I-I'm so sorry! What was that?"

I can feel my boss from behind, observing me.

Ah, my boss. I missed him... not.

I have a feeling that even the other employees hate him cuz' he scolded them once before, but I'm the one who gets scolded by him the most because I always mess everything, even a tiny mistake.

And I heard that he hits his workers from too much anger, even if they did something small but stupid, just like what I would do. What an extremely strict, old man.

Luckily, he never slapped me before. He's probably about to do that some day.

He's a terrible manager. All he cared about is his money, and himself.

And that's why I hated his guts.

...Ah! Stop overthinking, [Y/N].

  I've messed up six times this week, and everytime I messed up, I get shouted by my boss in front of the customers. I'm not getting yelled by him again. Not this day!

I should focus on my work, just don't let a single thought get inside your head, easy right?

I need this job. One last mistake, boom, I'm fired.

————————————————————

A few hours from now, I managed to work successfuly without overthinking. I can do this! I've been working hard this day, and I haven't messed up a single bit. I used my arm to wipe of my sweat off my forehead, careful that it might ruin the light make-up on your face.

As time passes, a lot of customers have been going inside. And thankfully, my boss isn't here watching me like a stalker.

As I was walking on the way to a customer's seat to give their order, I felt something in my foot and almost tripped down.