9- Drop hints

"Long time no see, Kacchan."

Katsuki lunged forward and Izuku tensed, ready for what he might throw at him. But nothing could have prepared him for what Katsuki did.

"...... Wait, are you hugging me?!" Izuku yelped.

"Shut up, it's been nine years maybe I've changed." Katsuki snapped at the shorter boy. "What the hell happened to you?!" The taller asked after a moment, practically fuming.

"Ah- well- It's a long story..." Izuku said, rubbing the back of his neck. Katsuki gave him a disbelieving look and Izuku sighed.

"I can explain after school, it's not the time or place right now." Izuku said, earning an understanding nod from his crimson eyed friend. Izuku smiled at him before hurrying back to the locker room to change back into the school uniform.

As soon as he was back into the classroom he was bombarded with questions.

'How did you beat him without using a quirk?'
'Where did you learn to fight like that?'
'Do you have an analysis quirk'
'Were you really a vigilante? Kero'

Things like that. Izuku flinched at the loudness and overlapping voices, he's always hated loud noises. The world never ceases to amaze because it was Katsuki who decided to help him out.

"Oi! Shut the fuck up, you're too damn noisy!" The explosive blond shouted and the class quieted down. Izuku grinned, "Haven't changed at all have you?" He asked, recieving a 'tch' in response. He turned and saw the rest of the classes dumbfounded expressions and started laughing.

"Wait, you know Bakugo?!" The pink girl, Mina Ashido, asked.

"Yea, we were childhood friends up until we were around six." Izuku replied and a few mouths hung open in shock and Izuku held back a laugh.

"Bakugo!! What's his quirk?!" A boy with a lightning bolt in his hair, Kaminari Denki, whined. Izuku just shared a look with Katsuki, basically screaming 'fuck with them' and they both grinned. Even if Katsuki's was a menacing smirk, doesn't matter.

"Teleportation." Katsuki blurted out the first think that came to his mind, looking for the rest of the class reactions. He saw Izuku silently laughing in his seat behind the grape bitch.

"Really?!"

"No."

"Damnit Bakugo!"

"It would have explained how he got so close to Mineta in such little time, but it isn't his quirk."

Katsuki smirked at his classmates, he was going to have fun never actually telling them, they were annoying anyway. Izuku was also enjoying this, fucking with people's heads was fun for him.

Meanwhile, a very confused Shoto Todoroki was watching the new kid in class curiously, wondering why he seemed so familiar. He had also recognised his fighting style as something he'd seen before, but couldn't quite place it. Shoto looked disinterested and emotionless, but he was actually racking his brain for the answers to questions left unanswered.

Class ended fairly quickly after that and Shoto asked if Izuku could stay back for a minute.

"So what is it Todoroki?" The shorter student asked. "Or do you want me to call you Shoto, seeing as Endeavor isn't the best of people." The dual haired boy in question was almost shocked at the question, usually someone wouldn't care and thought Endeavor was a mostly good person. Although, Izuku wasn't 'usual' was he. Shoto was momentarily stunned and took a second to answer.

"Either is fine. But I was meaning to ask if I'd met you before, you seem familiar." He said with his monotone voice.

"Hm, I don't think so..." Midoriya replied.

"Alright, sorry for wasting your time Mid-""Izuku is fine." The greenette cut him off, giving him a small smile before disappearing out the door to leave Shoto wondering what just happened.

                        ————<>————

Izuku absentmindedly pet the cat that had sat itself in his lap. He was at a cat cafe with Katsuki to explain what happened to him, mainly because there was almost no one there most of the time. The blond was currently sitting across from him, surprisingly calm as he waited for an explanation.

"So, as you know my parents died nine years ago and I was assumed dead not even a month later." Izuku started, his gaze on the table. "I was six when I realized the world was never going to be in my favor. Yet I, for some reason, took it as a challenge to not only survive but thrive in this world focused on quirks. It was tough at first but it got easier as I got more experience." Izuku looked up at the confused Katsuki.

"What are you talking about?"

"Have you ever heard of the vigilante Veridian?"

"Yes but that doesn't answer the question."

"But it does."

Katsuki blinked, taking this in and remembered Aizawa saying he used to be a vigilante. Izuku could practically see the wheels turning in his head. Izuku smirked slightly as a figurative lightbulb lit up above the other boys head.

"Well, that explains how you took out that grape fuck without a quirk." Katsuki muttered in disbelief. Izuku rolled his eyes at the mention of Mineta.

"He had it coming, either way I don't think he liked it when I cut his question off." Izuku said with an annoyed look on his face.

"The guy's a pervert ya know." Katsuki replied.

"Figures."

"So are you going to tell the rest of the class about anything?"

"Nope!"

"You certainly changed."

"Nine years of fighting and caring for myself forced me to drop being so naive."

"Understandable. But are you just going to fuck with their heads?"

"Probably."

"You're an asshole."

"Learned it from you." Izuku got a smack upside the head for that last comment and chuckled. Izuku stood up, the cat in his lap being out a mew of protests before jumping down and trotting off.

"Well, I have to go. See you tomorrow!" Izuku said and left, disappearing into the thinning crowd.

The next day Izuku was in class early, as he was helping Aizawa with lesson plans for the day. Nezu wanted him to analyze and take notes on his classmates quirks, giving them a few weeks to work with them before the sports festival. He was also going through a few of the class 1-C students to see who would be suited for the hero course if they qualified for it. This is how he stumbled on a familiar boy with purple hair and eyebags that almost matched his own.

"Hey Aizawa, what's Shinso Hitoshis quirk?" Izuku asked.

"Brainwashing, he's able to control anyone who responds to him." The dull voice replied. Izuku hummed in interest, an excellent quirk that wouldn't cause collateral damage.

"I can see why he didn't get into the hero course." Izuku said, mainly to himself. Shinso was pretty scrawny with very little muscle if any, definitely not able to tear through metal. That and his quirk worked better on people, doing nothing against robots. Izuku knew for sure that he'd be a great hero if given the chance, and Izuku planned on giving him a chance, he didn't want to participate in the Sports festival any way.