14- Memories

(Hello all you lovely guys gals and non-binary pals, I'm alive! I'm super sorry this took so fucking long to get out but it's here! I hope you ask had a good day and I thank you all for supporting this book. It really just started off as a small idea that I didn't know if I was going to continue but you ask really seem to like it and now I have a somewhat idea of what I'm actually doing. Honestly I love you all so much -I love you guys more than I love my brother- and it makes me happy that you're happy. Anyway, pic above for the long wait :3)

Izuku didn't know just how deafening silence could be until this moment. He almost regretted saying he was quirkless but you can't change the past, you can only move forward. He just put a smirk on his face before heading back to his desk. A chorus of surprised and disbelieving shouts rang out, questions overlapping in a loud muddle of voices that made Izukus ears hurt. Conveniently, the bell rang as soon as he got to said desk so he grabbed his stuff and disappeared out the door.

His hero name really did fit.

He was long gone when the others started going home, leaving the other students with unanswered questions. But did he care? No, no he did not.

He got home and collapsed onto the couch, social interaction was mentally draining. Especially around very energetic people like Mina, Kirishima or Uraraka, not that he was trying to be mean it's just how were they so energetic?! He wanted to sleep but insomnia's a bitch so, instead, he continued designing his hero costume. It was similar to his vigilante suit, the same kind of base. Its base color was black with a multitude of dark green shades as well as neon green highlights. There was a band, similar to headphones, that would connect him to police calls. There were also pieces of metal on the band that looked like cat ears that would amplify sounds around him.

The 'headphones' also had extendable respirator halves in each side, connecting in the middle where it covered his mouth and nose. Both were painted black with neon green lining the speakers in the 'ears' and a cheshire cat grin on the respirator. The fabric of the actual suit would be made out if a light yet fire and waterproof material that would be loose for more flexibility. It would have a black half sleeve that would be under a dark green sleeveless hoodie. The hoodie would hide a utility belt that held first-aid, smokescreen and sleeping gas pellets as well as holsters for escrima sticks and a collapsible Bo staff.

The pants were made out of the same material as the shirt and hoodie, tucked into black, knee-high combat boots. The boots had a spring in the soles that gave more hight to his jumps as well as steel tips, adding more force to his kicks. He would also have his gloves with the retractable claws, the only thing that was taken from his vigilante suit and integrated into his hero costume. The suit also had a multitude of compartments for knives as well as pieces of steel that would cover his forearms below the back of his hand.

It wasn't too flashy and everything had a purpose, perfect for the ex-vigilante. He would had preferred to make it himself seeing as he didn't really trust anyone completely just yet, but Power Loader was going to make it and he had no say in it.

Izuku didn't like having no say but he guessed Power Loader could have the suit done sooner than he could. The suit designer said he'd have Izukus costume done by the end of the week at most. He knew the internships were coming up as well, starting next week so they had a week to choose who to intern with. He doubted he'd get any offers seeing as he didn't get further than his first one v one match so no one saw him actually fight. In the obstacle coarse he was just running and analyzing his surroundings, in the free for all he was dodging whoever made the mistake of coming after him while gaining points. The internships were optional anyway, if he didn't have any he wouldn't do them.

And surprise, surprise, he didn't get any. He just shrugged and sat back, relaxing as his classmates spoke amongst themselves. It was peaceful until Mina tried to see if Katsukis hair was fluffy or prickly. Long story short Katsuki go detention and Mina almost died. Thing just started getting chaotic after that.

Izuku asked Aizawa if he could step out for a moment before he killed someone for being too loud. Thankfully the tired teacher couldn't care less and Izuku found himself wandering around with five minutes till lunch. And that's how he found himself standing infront of the absurdly large gates of ground beta. He didn't know why he wandered here, maybe the familiar feeling of the city and walked forward, trying the large doors.

Gates? Locked. Onlookers? None. Hotel? Trivago.

Izuku went to the tree closest to the wall, easily climbing up it. He stopped as he came to a branch align with the top of the wall, balancing easily on it. He can run along tightropes without pausing for crying out loud, a tree branch is nothing. The greenette burst forward, racing across the branch. He was at the end in seconds and jumped, completely missing the top of the wall and vaulting over it.

He let out a small sound of surprise, fumbling in midair for a moment before balancing himself out. He landed in a roll, smoothly transitioning to his feet from there. He let out a small grumble of annoyance as his feet and knees stung from the shock. It wasn't painful at this point, he was used to it, but it was still an annoyance. He walked along the sidewalk, impressed at how real the city felt. Yuuei really out does itself.

He closed his eyes briefly and for a moment he was back at that first night he went on patrol, an orphaned six year old with nothing to lose and nothing to his name. Forgotten by society since he was useless without a quirk. That first night had been rough, he went home with more bruises and cuts than he had in his entire life but that's how he learned. He didn't have a guide to teach him, nothing could get him there experience he got from just practice.

The more he did it, the better he got. To the point he could take down people Shoji's size. That experience made a teenage prodigy, strength isn't everything. He studied, finishing online classes for a generic highschool when he was in his last year of Junior high age wise. He was extremely observant, easily analyzing quirks and quickly forming plans to combat them.

It also brought up memories he'd rather not mention, sad and painful ones.

He opened his eyes again and headed to the nearest 'fake' building, walking inside and making his way to the roof. He just enjoyed the feeling of jumping between the rooftops for a while, he got in a little bit of trouble but he had some fun so he could care less.