10- Sports festival (pt 1)

Authors note; The picture up top has no connection to this story whatsoever, it just made me start dying and thought you guys would like it XD)

That day class went by quickly, with Izuku watching his classmates as they trained and took notes on their quirks. By the end of the day he had a full notebook.

He looked up from where he was taking another small note about Jiros quirk when he heard Katsuki shout at someone outside the door.

"So rude! Is this how all of 1-A is?!" A boy with silver hair and pointed teeth like Kirishima asked. Izuku stood up, grabbing his belongings before walking over to the door to see what was going on.

"Oh." He said quietly as he saw the entire hallway blocked by students. "No need to be mean, Kacchan. And for your information no, the rest of the class is not like him." The green haired boy said, ducking as Katsuki swatted at him.

"And who are you?" A tired voice asked as as the owner of it stepped forward, Izuku recognising him as Shinso.

"Izuku Midoriya, pleasure to meet you." Izuku replied brightly, only gaining a scowl from Shinso.

"The sports festival is where people can be transferred into the hero course, and where someone can be transferred out as well." The purple haired boy said.

"I am aware of this, that's why I suggest you work on building muscle, not everyone is born with the ideal quirk, right." Izuku said as he stared Shinso down, catching a glimpse of surprise from him.

"Now excuse me, I have places to be." Izuku said and made his way through the crowd, disappearing around the corner.

----<>----

"Welcome to Yuueis annual sports festival!! Where students sharpen their skills and aim for each others throats to reach the top!" Present Mic, or Yamada, screamed from the announcers booth. Izuku just sighed and rolled his eyes at the dramatic beginning, this was a fighting event not some Hunger Games rip off.

Izuku didn't really see the point of the event other than to scout out some possible heroes from the general studies department. It just gave a very violent form of entertainment for the public, sure it gave the students more fighting experience but that didn't really matter.

Izuku looked up as murmurs of the R-rated hero Midnight started up. And there she was, in all her revealing glory standing on the stage. Izuku took no interest in the sexual hero, his expression never changing as most of his male classmates were lightly blushing.

"This years representative, Katsuki Bakugo!" Midnight shouted as she snapped her short, flogger-style whip in the air. Izuku watched Katsuki walk up to the podium, a blank expression on his face.

"I just want to say, I'm going to win." The explosive blond said, earning much booing from the crowd as 1-A freaked out. Izuku simply sighed, shaking his head slightly as he smirked to himself.

"Antagonizing them into doing their best and making yourself a target, stupid but smart." Izuku said almost to himself.

"How is that smart?!" Denki shouted, causing Izuku to flinch.

"He's not being completely smart per se but it's hyping the other students up to try and beat him. He's testing them when they're going all out and wanted nothing less." Izuku explained.

"The first challenge of this years sports festival is..... An obstacle course!!" Midnight shouted enthusiastically. "The course will go around the outside of the stadium. Get ready!"

Izuku was one of the people who were starting at the front, the doors ahead of them waiting to be opened. The hallway was skinny and bottlenecked as it came towards the end, it would be trouble to get through.

"Start!" As soon as Midnight said that Izuku leaped into action, sprinting ahead as he wasted no time.

He was the first to figure out the tiles moved.

He hadn't paused for even a second, easily finding his footing on the shifting tiles. He felt the air chill and jumped up just as a sheet of ice froze the others to the ground. Shoto making his way to the front as the others struggled against the ice. Izuku grinned as he pushed off the wall, skating over the slippery ice as he heard explosions behind him and a few others from his class burst forward.

"Haha! I've out smarted you, Todoroki-" Mineta screamed while he jumped off his hair, only to be knocked to the side as a one pointer from the entrance exam burst out of nowhere. Izuku darted past, never slowing as the group came up to the giant zero pointers.

"And look at that!! Izuku Midoriya from 1-A takes the lead!" Yamada screeched. "Aizawa, what are you teaching these kids?!"

"I didn't teach them anything, they learned that if you hesitate you can get killed." Aizawas bored voice replied as Izuku dove out of the way from being crushed, rolling and springing back to his feet. He was on the other side of the line of robots when they were frozen by none other than Shoto. Behind the two students in the lead, Kirishima and Tetsutetsu just broke out of the collapsed robots using their quirks. The other students wasted enough time and started forward again.

"And now our lead students are coming up on the tightropes! How will they get past this?!" Izuku rolled his eyes, so close to being done with Yamada and his screaming. But he was at the tightropes in a few seconds after that.

"What's this?! Midoriya doesn't seem to be slowing down at all! He's running across the ropes?! Aizawa, truly, what are you teaching them?!" Izuku was keeping pace, easily balancing along the rope that was bending beneath his weight.

"Again, I didn't teach them this." Aizawa sighed. "Either way, Midoriya gained this experience before coming to Yuuei, he's only been here a month." The tired pro reminded his colleague, causing a few surprised noises from the crowd and students outside 1-A alike.

"Deku!!!!" Izuku didn't need to look to know Katsuki was pretty close behind him. The greenette let out a controlled breath as he got off the tightrope, finishing that stretch of the course.

"And now the three in the lead are coming up on the final stretch of the course! Land mines!!" Izuku grumbled, snatching up a stray panel that was left behind from Shoto destroying one of the few robots that were further along the course.

He got to the edge of the mine field and allowed a few other people to pass him as he dug up the shallow explosives.

"What's this?! There's a giant explosion coming from the beginning of the mine field!" Yamada shrieked. All the students stopped to watch the larger than normal explosion as a figure rocketed out of the pink smoke, whooping in excitement.

Izuku flew into the air, using the piece of metal like a sled. He was smiling as adrenaline rushed through him and the pure craziness of his plan that actually worked. He zipped over Katsuki and Shotos heads, the two using their quirks to get neck and neck with Izuku. The green haired boy leaned forward, doing a complete somersault in midair before planting one foot in Katsuki's shoulder and the other on Shoto's before slamming the piece of metal down. The explosion from that somehow propelled Izuku forward while at the same time it kept the other two in the lead back.

Izuku rolled before launching forward, taking off along the final stretch. He heard the other two coming but he finished first, barely. Izuku collapsed onto the grass, panting as he smiled at the sky.

"Izuku," Katsuki started. "You're one crazy son of a bitch."