•prologue•

er, hi. somehow i'm here. uh, so i got this idea from 'Rehabilitating Bakugou' by AngryOne1 which is really good and you should go read and this fic is kinda based on that. err, but yeah, this is my take on a 'villain!bakugo.' have fun reading my absolute train wreck of a story. just a quick fyi, the longest this story could even hope to be is 10 chapters. and that's MAXIMUM. more like three or four or five. 

At the age of six, Katsuki Bakugo and Izuku Midoriya were playing in a in a park near their houses. Izuku, needing water, ran over to where their mothers, Inko Midoriya and Mitsuki Bakugo, were sitting and chatting. After taking a long sip of water from his All Might themed water bottle, Izuku returned to the clearing where he and Katsuki had been playing just moments before. It all looked the same, except for one thing. Where Katsuki Bakugo had been sitting, drawing in the dirt with a stick, there was now no one.

"Kacchan?" Izuku asked uncertainly, stepping further into the clearing. "Where are you?" 

Izuku was 99% sure that this was a joke. Katsuki has played pranks on him before like this, and he usually reappears after a minute or two. So Izuku sat down in the dirt, and rested his head on his hands, eyes darting around, looking for a tuft of blonde hair, a red eye gleaming out of the darkness. But the little greenette couldn't find any signs of his friend, and after a few minutes had passed with no sign of Katsuki, Izuku found it hard to squash the growing dread he felt pooling in his stomach. 

He'd heard the stories, of course. Seen them in newspapers or on the TV. Stories of kids who'd gotten lost, only to be found, dead, years later. Or of kids who'd been taken and tortured, before being murdered and left to rot. But that couldn't happen to Kacchan. Even then, at six years old, he was a force to reckon with. He had the strongest quirk of anyone Izuku knew, besides All Might, of course. No one could take him! 

But that certainty faded as Izuku called for the blonde a few more times, with no response from Katsuki. Normally, Bakugo gave up after the second or third call of his name, but Izuku had called for him at least ten times by now, with no answer. 

"Kacchan?" Izuku called, voice rising in panic. "Kacchan, this isn't funny. You can come out now, joke's over." Bakugo: *waves pride flag* yee yee motherfucker

Bakugo has been Izuku's protector and best friend for as long as either of them can remember. When Izuku was diagnosed quirkless, Katsuki found himself beating up the emerald-eyed boy's bullies left and right, with said boy right behind him, analyzing the fight and muttering a constant stream of helpful hints such as the opponent's weaknesses or which move to use next and where. In fact, Deku was the one who suggested he start his fights with a right hook, which later on became the blonde's signature move. Izuku was the brains, Katsuki was the brawn. 

Izuku knew that the second Bakugo saw, heard, or sensed anything wrong with him, he would immediately run over to comfort him. 

So when Katsuki didn't reveal himself, Izuku knew, without a doubt, that something was terribly, horribly wrong. 

🍕🍟🍨🍫🍪🍰🍩🍦🍧i'm sorry i'm on my period and i reallyreallyreally want these so uh

The greenette stumbled back through the bushes, then turned and ran to where his and Bakugo's mothers sat, blissfully unaware of the situation.

"M-Mom! Auntie!" Izuku exclaimed, out of breath and panting.

"What is it, honey?" Inko Midoriya asked, smiling at her son.

"K-Kacchan's gone! I can't find him!" 

And that launched a two year police investigation that ended with none other than Katsuki Bakugo being declared legally dead. But Izuku Midoriya never forgot, or gave up hope that the explosive blonde was still alive. Oh, no. Bakugo's disappearance became a driving force for Midoriya. It had been a shared dream of theirs, to become heroes, and if Bakugo couldn't do it, then Izuku would just have to do it for both of them. The bullying got worse, but Midoriya worked through it. He always did. 

Little did young Midoriya know, the universe had a plan for him and the fiery blonde. And they would meet again. But when they did, it would be as very different people.