•chapter five•

*nervous laughter* i accidentally wrote 5 other fics instead of working on this each fic now has 1k words each except this one  h e l p  i fucked up i fucked up

Reveling in the terrified silence, Ground Zero smirked. He loved that he could inspire this much fear in the so-called heroes with just a few words. 

Shifting so that his head and torso hung upside down over the side of the couch, he let the blood rush to his face, turning it pink. "I was serious, though. I assume disco parties are not on the everyday schedule?" 

"Actually," Kaminari sniffed, "these parties are on the schedule twice a week." 

Zero scoffed. "How the hell do you expect to become heroes if you slack off like that? I got where I am from training all day every day since I was six. No wonder you fuckers are easier to beat now." Surveying the angry glares of 2-A, Zero grinned internally. The more emotional they were, the more likely they were to spill something. 

"I could easily take you..." As Zero registered faces and filed away possible nicknames, his gaze caught on something-or more accurately, someone-standing in the back. His eyes widened a fraction and he stared past everyone, trailing off. 

"Shit," he muttered. "This is the A class, right?" A few people nodded, and Zero let out a string of creative curses under his breath before barking, "Hey! You, Canadian Flag! What's your name?" 

The dual-haired boy looked mildly surprised to be called out, but answered nonetheless. "Todoroki Shoto." 

"Fuck. Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck. Oh, shit. Curse you, burnt bastard." the blonde put his head in his hands, before running them down his face and mumbling, "Are you fucking kidding me?" 

The class watched the outburst curiously, wondering what had triggered it. Something to do with Todoroki, obviously, but what? 

"Please, I must ask you to refrain from using such foul language, especially in the presence of Koda(who's ears were being covered by Momo)-" Iida tried valiantly to get the villain to stop cursing, but to no avail. 

"You're Endeavor's, right?" Zero checked, and when Todoroki nodded, let out another curse before snorting and breaking out into peals of laughter. 

"Shit, man," he managed, before pulling a beat up old ePhone(shut up, i'm not risking anything) out of his back pocket and fiddling with it a bit. 

Raccoon Eyes spoke up in a timid voice. "Are you allowed to have a phone?"

"D'you think I would have it if they said no?" Zero flapped a hand in her general direction, too busy with the phone to give her a proper answer. 

"Well, no, but-"

"Exactly." In truth, Zero had picked the pocket of some random passerby when they were standing in front of the UA gates, but no one had to know that. No one also had to know that he was now wiping the phone, and reprogramming it with his own data. He had been made to take hacking lessons as well as lessons on pickpocketing, and he had never been more grateful for them. 

He opened a new Messaging tab, and texted a number that currently belonged to his brother in all but blood, Dabi. 

hey fuckface, it's me, zeze. dude, this ur bio bro? *attached picture of todoroki*

Yeah it is, but what happened u dumbass? u've been on radio silence for a few days now and everyone's more ready to commit murder than usual. 

yea, sry bout that. i got captured, but its gucci. imma get some info 1st and then leave. tell everyone im fine. 

Ohhhh. kk, will do. 
....can i see my baby bro again pls?

u sentimental sap. disgusting. *attached picture of todoroki* 

lmaooo why he look like that tho? 
*gasp* IM AN EVIL GENIUS
OK SO TELL HIM TOUYA SAYS HI AND NOTHING ELSE
AND FILM IT

fucking fine. send u it later. luv u bro

luv u too baby broski

Ground Zero doesn't seem like the type to say 'I love you' very often, but in their line of work, if you don't say it, you might just end up missing your last chance to say tell them. 

He looked up from his phone with a small smile on his face, only to see the entire class observing him quietly. 

"Piss off," he snapped. 2-A began to dissolve, the students heading off in little clumps. Zero spotted Todoroki, Glasses, and Round Face heading for the elevator, pulled out his phone, began recording, and called out to them.

"Hey, Todoroki!" said boy turned around at the mention of his name. Zero grinned. "Touya says hi!"

Todoroki blanched, the blood draining out of his face as he tripped over nothing. Round Face caught him with her Quirk, but he still stumbled, before dashing for the elevator and pressing the button repeatedly, refusing to look anywhere near Ground Zero. Glasses and Round Face shared a look before glaring at Zero and rushing after their friend. 

Zero turned away, fully intending to take a nap on the couch, but he was greeted by four eager faces instead, each with varying levels of fear being shown. 

"Hi!" Sero greeted. "Thanks for the weed! We're gonna show you around!"

"What my boyfriend does, I do with him." Pink chick.

"It's manly to help out!" Shark teeth.

"They're my ride or die, so here I am!" Knockoff Pikachu. 

"Dadzawa left some stuff for you on the table, like where your room is and stuff!" Pink chick was really fucking bubbly. Kinda weird, honestly. It reminded him of Himiko a bit. 

Zero nodded assent, and the five of them headed up the stairs towards the dorm rooms. His was rather plain-just a simple bed, desk, and wardrobe with a small bathroom attached. And bars over his one window, with cameras outside of his door and no doubt on the wall where his window was. 

The four heroes were pretty loud, so Zero didn't need to talk much, which was great. It meant that gathering information was much easier. They took him all over the dorm and pointed out some landmarks on campus, although they couldn't show him, since he wasn't allowed on campus without a teacher. 

Most of the students kept their dorm room doors open(jesus that really threw me for a loop), except for one that was closed. Muffled voices came from behind the door-was someone having an argument? 

Pikachu noticed Zero's questioning look. "Oh, that's Midori's room! He's our class representative, but he's sick at the moment, so he's on bed rest."

Zero simply nodded without a word. Midori... Midoriya... No. Bad memories. Nuh-uh. 

The rest of the tour was uneventful, and after dinner Zero retired to his room early. He sent Dabi the video, chatted with Himi for a while, and after his eyes began to droop, bid them all a good night and curled up on his bed with the cell phone clutched to his side. His dreams were clouded and uneventful. 

i feel like i should clarify that although this is a bakudeku i don't actually ship it(no disrespect/ship hate intended). i'm a kiribaku/tododeku/izucha shipper but the scenes that i thought of that gave me the original idea for this book would only work if it was a bakudeku so here we are. ***I WAS TOO TIRED TO EDIT THIS SORRY***