•chapter three•

i'm so sorry this is late but i went to the beach yesterday and i found some todoroki pottery ^-^ look!!! ^^^
also i still haven't reached the part i prewrote yet so i think this story is going to be a little longer than i originally thought. have a great day/night lovelies and remember to take care of yourselves!!!

Ground Zero came to slowly. He was about to open his eyes when-Wait. What the fuck?

He wasn't at home. Alarm bells immediately began ringing.

You should not open your eyes until you are completely aware of your surroundings.

This had been drilled into his head after many years of working on the illegal side of the law- do not open your fucking eyes until you know where you are and are properly aware of your surroundings. There's an off chance that you might learn something if you have been captured, or give you the extra five seconds to formulate a plan.

The teen stiffened slightly as a rush of memories hit him. Rooftop jumping, his quirk leaving, a black-haired man, knocking himself out. Cop cars. Fucking wonderful. So he was probably in their custody and under surveillance. Now to figure out just where that was.

Zero sniffed. Was that...rubbing alcohol? Revolting.

The blonde suddenly became hyperaware of the material around him. Thin blanket, some soft thing that reached his knees, something buried in the crook of his left arm...

That settled it. He was in a fucking hospital. Great. Just great. Judging by the amount of police, it was probably Tartarus or Akuyaku. Escape was going to be difficult.

Although, if he stayed, hospitals have free food...

Zero decided that he might as well stay. The police probably wanted to talk to him, and maybe he could get some food. Also, fucking with law enforcement was always fun.

The blonde opened his eyes. Five seconds later, two police officers, the black-haired hobo who had chased him, and a yellow-haired man he recognized as the hero Present Mic entered.

Zero couldn't stop his lip curling in disgust. Not that he wanted to anyway.

One of the officers cleared his throat. Zero glared. Bastard, bringing me here. And the fucker was a cat, which was kinda weird.

"Um. Hello, Ground Zero. I'm Tamakawa Sansa, and I work in the police. This is our detective officer, Tsukauchi Naomasa, and pro heroes Eraserhead and Present Mic. I should warn you, Detective Naomasa has a lie detector quirk, so lying is unadvisable."

"Noted."

So that was the hobo, then. Eraserhead. The teen hummed. He'd heard that name before, but had never had a face to match it to. He was an underground hero. Closer to a villain than most other heroes.

Zero sighed. He might as well cut to the chase. "Why am I here?"

The cat guy blinked. "Huh?"

"I didn't really need to be hospitalized. The force I put into that blow was enough to knock me out for about three hours. I figured I'd be put in a cell, and then from there break out. So, I'll ask again. Why. Am. I. Here?"

The cat fumbled around with his words before his partner stepped in and saved him.

"Well, Ground Zero, for one, what if you had used more force than you thought? You might have had a concussion. Also, you are a teenager. Still a kid. So, we wanted to make sure you were okay."

"And then I'd feel oh so greatly indebted to you for "saving my life" or some shit and spill all my secrets. Yeah. No. Not happening." Zero snarked.