•chapter six•

i would like to formally apologize for all the Bullshit this chapter is about to put you through. i'm sorry. i have nothing to say for myself, except that during the past month anytime i could've been writing, i was reading fanfiction. so, as you can see, my time was at least well spent🤡💅💀😭 love u babes✨💜

no editing or proof reading we die like men

Midoriya Izuku was sick.

It wasn't anything serious- just a cold, but Iida had insisted upon a trip to Recovery Girl all the same, where he had been threatened with an ass-kicking from the stern old woman as well as most of his classmates if he didn't stay in bed.

Sentenced to bed rest with plenty of udon, Midoriya relaxed against his mountain of pillows with a book on the Most Relevant Heroes of the Past Fifteen Years as he listened to the oh-so-wonderful sounds of the dance party. He managed to get about halfway through the book before passing out cold, which was, in the author's opinion, a miracle, because the music was so loud the building was shaking.

^-^

Midoriya woke to silence. He blindly searched for his phone, sleep still clouding his gaze. How long had he been sleeping?

His phone said two hours after he'd fallen asleep, which didn't make sense. Dance parties usually lasted for at least four hours. Panic kicked in, and Midoriya was halfway through putting on his hero costume before he remembered that there was a blockade in front of his door, and while he could get through it, it would be very loud and cause a lot of damage to the dorm. So he sat back down, and prayed that everything was fine.

Before long, he heard the elevator ding, and the greenette assumed a fighting position, while still remaining in bed.

...He didn't look very threatening. Which was fine, because he could hear Ocha removing the block, and in a few minutes it was gone and she walked in, followed by Todoroki and Iida.

They were all deathly pale.

Midoriya blanched. Something was horribly wrong. The trio noticed Midoriya's reaction, and all attempted to put on casual, nothing's wrong faces, but they had been friends for too long to fool him. Also, Todoroki looked like he was on the verge of passing out.

He raised an eyebrow, and, seeing he wasn't buying it, Iida made his way over to the desk and sat in the chair, Uraraka sprawled across the floor, and Todoroki sat on the edge of his bed.

At a prodding look from Midoriya, Ochako sighed and started the tale of woe.

"So someone decided that it was a good idea to bring a villain to school to "rehabilitate" him or something, just cause he's our age, and it turns out he's a mass murderer who somehow knows Todoroki's dead brother."

Midoriya blinked. "Run that by me again?" Uraraka obliged, and the smol bean processed before looking up at Todoroki.

"Oh, Sho..." Seeing as he couldn't, Ocha and Iida pulled the heterochromatic boy into a hug.

Todoroki had come clean about his family situation to Iida and Uraraka at the end of their first year, and they remembered how devastated he had been just thinking about Touya's death, so for a criminal to throw that in his face like that was like rubbing salt in a wound.

They separated a few minutes later, and Midoriya let his inner genius out in the form of a full scale interrogation. "What's his name? What's he like? Do you know his quirk?"

Used to it after years of dealing with his rambling, the Dekusquad deftly made their way through the onslaught of questions as the greenette took notes.

Many hugs later, all homework was completed, panic attacks averted, and Izuku's best friends were waving goodbye to him from the door of his room.

He couldn't wait to analyze this Ground Zero, and train, and attend class. Midoriya was a worker, and lazing around in bed all day did not agree with him.

Late night gossip sessions passed, accompanied by schoolwork and reading, and before he knew it, Recovery Girl had pronounced him 'just fine' and he was cleared to go back to regular school. And to meet Ground Zero. Midoriya couldn't wait.

oh worm