Chapter 2

In front of you stands a towering man in full combat-grade attire. His face is hidden behind a reflective paintball mask that he had fastened a small camera on top of, a genius method of being able to capture any acts of police brutality that you witness. Long dreadlocks pool out from under his helmet and fall across his shoulders. The rest of his body is covered head to toe in well-fitted tactical gear, with shoulder and elbow pads as well as a large vest protecting his torso. His loose black cargo pants are tucked into the tops of laced boots, but what catches your eye most is the familiar emblem on his chest.

He looks like he's about to go into a battle zone, which you guess is actually pretty accurate. 

You turn around to glimpse the man whom your back had ran into and are met with an almost identical image, except without any visible dreads and a little bit taller. 

Both of their identities are completely obscured to prevent  anybody from identifying them. They both tower over you and it should make you feel intimidated, but oddly enough you don't feel threatened one bit. 

They had released you the second the danger was gone and had rescued you from that danger in the first place. 

"Thank you for getting me out of there," you speak out into the silence surrounding you, "if that cop had gotten me I don't know what would've happened."

You hadn't really thought about the possibilities, but given the known incidences of blatant violence at the hands of local police in this area, it likely wouldn't have been anything good. 

Fuck you hated them so much. The fact that this much violence was built into the system to begin with disgusted you. What's even worse is the lack of accountability and the frat-like brotherhood that keeps them from reporting each other. 

The news wasn't even focusing on the main issue anymore, instead they had become sidetracked by the destruction left behind by looters and rioters. Somehow the loss of property was more important to them than the loss of innocent black lives, but then again this is America.

The only place that the hundreds of videos showing police violence against protestors were being circulated was on Twitter and TikTok. If three months ago you were told that TikTok was going to be one of your best and most reliable source of news, you would never had believed it, but here we are. 

You're pulled from your thoughts as the man with dreads starts speaking.

"Sorry about scaring you, we heard you outside the door and it sounded like you needed help, and when we heard the cops we knew for sure you needed rescuing," he says. 

You find it strange that you can't see their expressions at all because of the masks obscuring their faces. 

He must have been the one who grabbed you and had his hand over your mouth because his voice sounds different from the other one that had whispered in your ear. Despite his sheepish attitude, his presence was powerful and he had the stance of somebody confident in their beliefs. 

"Yeah, sorry, really didn't mean to scare you like that, my bad," the other man says. 

"Don't worry about it," you reply, "what's your name?" you direct at the man with dreads. 

"Can't say that," he replies but sounds regretful. You feel dumb for asking. Of course they would want to protect their identities in case you were an undercover cop or something. You could never be too careful.

"Yeah, sorry sweetheart but we've gotta keep our identity under wraps. The police have taken quite an interest in us over the past few days," says the taller one.

"Well is there anything I can call you by? Do you guys have code names or anything?" I ask. 

"I go by Riot," says the man with dreads.

"And I go by Tank," says the taller one. 

__

the things i would do to stand next to spec ops only to see our height difference😔

on another note, GO SIGN EVERY PETITION YOU CAN FIND THERE ARE SO MANY BLACK PEOPLE THAT HAVE DIED OR ARE SUFFERING AT THE HANDS OF AN UNJUST POLICING SYSTEM

SILENCE IS VIOLENCE

#BLACKLIVESMATTER