Chapter 11

As the sky darkened into night, the main light source became a mixture of police floodlights and fires started by protesters. It wouldn't be long before curfew hit and all hell broke loose.

The medic tent had been set up again but was severely lacking supplies and actual medics so you had volunteered your services for the injuries you knew were inevitably going to happen tonight.

Tank and Riot had not been happy about this fact.

-(30 minutes earlier)-

"You what?" Riot asks in angry disbelief.

"I volunteered to help the medic tent tonight," You repeat, confused at his reaction.

Tank, who had been lounging against the brick of the alleyway, stood from his position to walk closer.

"What are we arguing about?" He interjects.

"That's what I'm wondering," You say, equally confused.

Riot pointedly directs his next words at Tank, "She volunteered herself to the medic tent for tonight."

Tank looks back to you, "That's not happening, nope, no way."

You throw your arms up in exasperation, "Please somebody clarify for me why helping injured people is something I shouldn't do."

"Um, I don't know, maybe because you're injured yourself? Do you not remember the rubber bullet you took to the back the other day, or, I don't know, the giant gash on your arm from being thrown around by a cop earlier? Do those ring any bells?" Tank says, voice laced with sass.

"Once again, it's literally a tiny scrape, it just bled a lot. Also my back feels much better," You retort. You felt fine, who else was going to help these people when the cops started getting violent?

"I'm not gonna sit here and watch you get hurt again, and I know Riot doesn't want that either. The minute the cops start getting handsy, we're leaving," Tank says decisively.

"They're short medics, who's gonna help these people if they get hurt? I know emergency riot medicine and how to help if somebody get's a rubber bullet lodged somewhere in their body. I'm sorry but this is important and you guys can't stop me just because you're worried about my safety," You finish, turning to walk towards the medic tent and start setting up.

Surprisingly, they don't grab you to make you stop.

-(now)-

You still hadn't seen or heard anything from Tank and Riot since you left. They hadn't made a single appearance in the tent, not even to check up on you. Maybe they'd finally had enough of your bullshit and moved on. Wouldn't be the first time.

Once you had a pretty good set up in the medic tent, you decided to go take a water break. All that yelling really did a number on your throat.

Pushing aside the tent door, you begin exiting only to instantly run into a human wall.

They grip you by the sides of your arms, stabilizing you and your eyes are met with the familiar patch on the chest of a tactical vest.

You smile up at Riot's covered face, happy to see that they hadn't left after all. You look around and see Tank sitting to the side, arm extended offering you a water bottle.

"I thought you guys had left," You say, appreciatively taking the offered water.

"Sorry about that. You were right, we shouldn't have been so forceful telling you what to do. Your body, your choice," Tank says.

"Still doesn't excuse you acting like a brat, but we'll deal with that later, privately," Riot adds on casually, the underlying suggestion causing your stomach to flutter in anticipation.

"Why aren't you guys with the protesters," You ask, knowing that their favorite place to be was on the front lines.

"We've learned better than to let you out of our sight sweetheart," Tanks says from beside you, pushing himself up to stand. He walks over to tower above your short form, forcing you to look up at a steep angle.

"We're just gonna stand guard to make sure nothing else happens, alright?" He says, and you know not to argue with him. You nod.

"Now go do what you do best," Riot says from beside you. 

You tug on both of their arms so they lean over, and press a quick peck to the sides of their helmets before heading back into the tent. 

-(a few hours later)-

The medic tent was bustling with activity ever since curfew passed and the cops began lashing out.

There'd been a few injuries caused by rubber bullets, thankfully none that would cause permanent damage, but the worst was all of the people coming in coughing from tear gas. You were running low on milk and solution, and water bottles were running low from how hot the day was.

Wiping the sweat from your forehead with a spare bandana, you get up and move outside for a moment of fresh air.

You look over and see Tank and Riot sitting next to each other, talking softly. You make your way over, smile across your face, and sit in the space between them.

"How's it going in there sweetheart," Tank asks. Riot's arm comes up to sling across your shoulders. You lean against him and take a deep breath, eyes closing as you take a moment to yourself.

"Nothing too bad, thankfully," You respond, "Running low on water, no thanks to those pigs from earlier."

"Well it looks like things are probably winding down for the night, so we can head home soon enough," Riot assures you.

You look around and notice that they're right. There's still plenty of protesters, but it looks like the cops are backing off. You look down at your watch, reading 1:14, and yawn when you realize how late it's gotten.

You're mid-yawn when you hear clattering against the ground nearby, a sound you have come to reflexively run from. By the time the canister explodes, it's too late for you to avoid and the familiar burning sensation fills your eyes.

__

love y'all❤️💕🤠

u guys have informed me about some new spec ops people and i have been researching and oml u guys where are these men coming from😳 where can i find myself a human rights super soldier😭

don't dox any of these people or i will personally contact my buddy anonymous so he can dox u🤩 

black lives matter

acab

oop ! i know u just saw that manny flag! now go sign a petition !! ❤️ link in my bio will take you to a page where u can find petitions, as well as many other very useful resources✨

sign a petition and maybe, just maybe, i will add smut to the next chapter👀