Chapter 4

You fall forward with the force of the bullet hitting your back, letting out a cry of pain. The boy you were treating calls out for help. You desperately call out, saying you're a medic but you know it's no use. The large medic symbol you made out of tape on your back gave them all the information they needed to know, but they shot you anyways.

You turn around to try and crawl backwards away from the danger and see a pair of two policemen marching towards you. Their chests are puffed in false bravery and they hold their heads up high to look down on you, as if you're the one committing a crime. 

They look somewhat familiar, and your body seizes up in fear when you realize one of them is the officer who had been chasing you earlier. 

A disgusting look of excitement washes over the officer's face when he recognizes you.

"Look who we have here," he says smiling, "A bitch and a thug."

Anger wells up in you as he reduces the dark skinned boy you're helping to a thug. You spit at the ground at his feet and look him in the eye, "looks like we also have a racist pig."

His smile quickly turns into an expression of rage and he raises his baton to hit you. You cover your face with your arms, but the blow never comes. You slowly lower your arms and peek to see what happened.

You see two large figures pulling the cop away, dragging him by his uniform against the pavement. The other cops is trying to stop them, hitting them with his baton as if it would make a difference. 

You smile in shock when you realize the figures are none other than Tank and Riot. They must have followed you after you left. 

The cop thrashes against their holds, trying to get away but it's no use. Once they're a good few yards away, both of them drop him against the hard ground and tower over his form.

The two men appear to exchange brief words before Riot leaves to rush over towards you. Tank continues to stand over the cop, who now appears to be cowering in fear, to your satisfaction. 

"Are you okay, are you hurt," Riot frantically rushes out. He sounds scared and worried.

The pain from the rubber bullet is still radiating across your back, but you know it hadn't penetrated your skin at all like what had happened to the boy. 

"I'm fine," you say, and your gaze moves over to the boy, "he's not, we need to try and get him to a hospital as soon as possible. I slowed the bleeding but there's only so much I can do," you say, looking into the reflective lens of his helmet, hoping that you're making eye contact. 

Riot had crouched down to be somewhat level with you, but his figure still dwarfed you in comparison. His gaze flickers over to the boy and he looks torn like he's making a decision. 

"Seriously, I'm fine, this boy needs to be taken to a hospital or else he will lose his leg or bleed out. I only got hit in the back and it's not bleeding, I will be okay," you say, trying to communicate the urgency of the situation. He nods in understanding, giving you one more quick look-over before moving to help the boy. 

He lifts him up bridal style, careful not to jostle his leg, and looks back towards you, "Do you know where the nearest hospital is?" he asks you. 

"George Washington University Hospital down the street, the doctors aren't allowing police in but there may be a few guarding outside. I'll call them for you and let them know you're coming so the doctors can wait outside to make sure you get in and out safely," you respond. 

Riot nods and mutters a quick thanks before carefully moving in the direction of the hospital, making sure nobody would get in his way. He stops briefly to say something to Tank before leaving. He looks over to me and Tank follows suit and then nods at whatever he's saying. 

Tank, as if remembering that he's currently standing with his foot on the stomach of a cop, moves back and swiftly kicks him in the side, causing him to crunch over in pain. His other cop friend had long ago scampered away in fear.

Once satisfied that the officer was subdued for the moment, Tank leisurely makes his way towards you. There are still fires all over the street from the riots and that backdrop coupled with his attitude is incredibly conflicting. 

He crouches to be level with you, "You okay sweetheart?" he asks. You're taken aback by how sincerely worried he sounds.

You nod, "I'm okay, they just caught me in the back but it's nowhere near as bad as the kid I was with." 

"Wait, are you hurt? Did they shoot you? Where did they shoot you?" he asks, sounding progressively more anxious. "In the back," you reply. 

"Turn around," he orders. Usually you wouldn't be one to instantly obey when a man commands you to do something, but you were too drained of energy to really put up a fight.

Slowly, you move to stand up and turn around, wincing as you try to straighten your back and a renewed wave of pain ripples across your skin. The second your back is turned, a large gloved hand comes to span across your waist, holding you still as the other gently lifts the back of your shirt to reveal the damage.

You gasp at the sudden touch, your senses narrowing in and becoming hyper aware of the point of contact. You blame the warmth of his palm for the rush of heat that runs through your body, the size of his hands in comparison to your torso is almost laughable as it spans across your side.

You hear an angry noise that sounds kind of like a growl come from the masked man behind you and ignore the way it makes the flames lapping at your skin burn brighter. 

__

👀

ya'll better be making spec ops and anonymous proud by signing some petitions smh

i'm wondering if  i should keep them masked the whole time, what do you guys think i should do?

remember: ACAB and fuck 12