Chapter 7: Competitions Begin

Shayne's POV:

Yesterday was our road trip and we arrived in the middle of nowhere. In the vehicle, Y/N slept on me twice. Does this mean something or is that just me overthinking and she was just tired? Do I want it mean something? It felt really nice to have her in my arms, and with my head resting on top of hers I could smell her hair. It smelt citrusy, in a really good way.

Last night we were also given our team t-shirts, which we told we can customize to be apocalyptic. I didn't want to attempt anything too risky with my t-shirt, even though we were given two, so I just cut off the sleeves and made it into a muscle shirt.

This morning I wake up before Damien, who I'm sharing a room with, so I decide to wake him up by suffocating him with a pillow. It's not as harsh as it sounds, I swear. I hold the pillow against his face and he immediately wakes up, takes the pillow from me, and starts hitting me with it.

"Okay okay! I surrender!" I say as he continues to hit me, "But it's time get up and survive the apocalypse!"

He rolls out of bed, literally, and puts his Mushroom Clout t-shirt on. When I walk out of my room I see Y/N leaving her room with Courtney. Y/N is wearing her ToxiciTea t-shirt which she cut into a cropped tank top. She has her hair in high pigtails on either side of her head and bandana tied around her head too. She looks cute and her outfit shows off her petite figure, she looks really good. No Shayne, no.

"Good morning ladies." I say and they turn to face me.

"Good morning to you too." Y/N says. I follow her eyes which are scanning me up and down quickly before landing on my arms and then back to my eyes. Maybe I just imagined that, but I'm pretty sure it happened.

"What's up, Shayne?" Courtney asks, eyeing my hair, "You're looking... rough."

I reach my hand up to my hair and remember that I forgot to style it at all this morning and I still have bedhead.

"Oh uh, one moment please." I step back into my room and quickly fix my hair up. This time Damien leaves the room with me, "Alright. Breakfast?"

After breakfast we immediately film the part of the trailer that includes the teams, the rest is already done. After that, we jump right into the first competition; Punishment Zombie Shootout. I'm pretty pumped to use a crossbow. We do our intros and then Matt Raub starts explaining how Smosh Summer Games works and how to play Punishment Zombie Shootout.

A couple of people go, alternating between teams, and then it's my turn. I take the crossbow confidently and try to hit the squirrel after delivering a speech about how a squirrel bullies me. It takes a couple of tries but I eventually get it and everyone cheers. Ian runs up and hugs me. "Yeah!" I scream, "I'm still scared of the squirrel in my apartment complex!" I stick my hand into the punishment bucket to determine my fate.

"Uh, it just says uh, die." I say, "No, um. Aw crap. Armpit lick." Well, I guess I'm licking someone's armpit. And that someone is Ryan Todd. I walk away and then run back and lick all the way up his armpit. It tastes very... weird. I start running around and screaming as anyone else would do.

Soon it's Y/N's turn. She steps up and Matt Raub hands her the crossbow. It's obvious that she knows how to use it but I guess Matt Raub doesn't see that because he starts explaining what to do. Y/N looks back at us and raises her eyebrows and then turns back to face him and nods politely.

"Now, it might be a good idea to use two hands..." Matt Raub says, but he's interrupted by Y/N raising the crossbow with one hand and firing. She hits the squirrel on Bob Ross's shoulder on her first try and we all cheer wildly. She gently hands the crossbow back to Matt Raub and smiles sweetly. He has a look of disbelief on his face.