Chapter 20: Driving - Part 2

Y/N's POV:

"Okay, the first step is done. Now put both hands on the wheel." Courtney says gently. I put my hands on the steering wheel and then immediately take them off. I quickly unbuckle my seatbelt and get out of the car. 

"Y/N no!" I hear Shayne yell but I just keep running. I'm about to leave the parking lot when I feel two arms wrap around me. Noah has caught me.

"Noah! Let me go!" I squirm.

"I'm taking you back to the car." Noah says calmy and he picks me up and puts me over his shoulder, which honestly, I didn't think he could do.

"I'm gonna die!" I hit his back but he doesn't put me down until we get to the car. He sets me down back in the driver's seat and closes the door. The car is still running.

"Okay, no more running away, just driving away." Ian says, "Put your hands on the steering wheel. I know you know how because you passed your drivers test."

"Guys, I appreciate this, kinda. But I really don't think I can do this, it's just one of those things." I say, turning in my seat to face them.

"That's the thing though, you can do this, you have done this." Courtney smiles.

"Start with just the parking lot, there is no way you can get into an accident in the parking lot." Ian says, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Don't underestimate me, I could run into the building." I laugh slightly.

"Okay so there's one way you could get into an accident, but that's what the steering wheels for. You are in control." Shayne smiles reassuringly at me. I find it funny how Shayne has two completely different sides to him, the normal joking and hilarious side, and then the serious side who can comfort you in just a few words. His voice will go soft and it's like he knows exactly how to handle every situation. Freaking psychology degrees.

"Fine." I put my hands on the wheel but still don't move.

"Push down on the gas pedal." Ian says.

"I can't." I laugh at myself because I feel so stupid, "I'm sorry, oh my gosh. I don't know why this is so hard for me!" I continue laughing.

"Because you're afraid of driving, it's okay. It's supposed to be hard for you, if it wasn't it wouldn't be a fear." Shayne says in his soft comforting voice, "Are you ready?"

I stop laughing and nod. Shayne pushes down lightly on my leg causing me to press on the gas pedal. The car starts moving slowly and I can hear Keith, Olivia, and Noah cheering from beside the building. I can see Matt Raub, Sarah, and a couple of others in the crew clapping. Shayne stops pressing on my leg so it's just me stepping on the gas but he keeps his hand on my inner thigh. I don't know if he's doing it for support or because he just wants to, either way, I like it. I press down a little harder on the gas pedal and start driving around the parking lot. 

"Look at you! This is great!" Courtney squeals while vlogging. Shayne squeezes my thigh lightly and I smile. I'm freaking driving, take that past Y/N. I continue driving around in circles in the parking lot, becoming more comfortable with the vehicle. 

"Y/N, do you think you can go on the road?" Ian asks.

I pause for a moment before answering, "Yeah... Yeah, I guess so." Ian rubs my shoulder for a second and Courtney leans forward in her seat. I drive past the camera crew and they're all cheering, it makes me feel so stupid but at the same time I appreciate it. I pull out onto the road and breathe out a sigh of relief.

"How are you doing honey?" Courtney asks.

"I'm good. This actually isn't so bad. If it wasn't illegal I would speed, because that sounds like fun." I reply.