In shadows-Biana's POV

A/N: I have decided that all of our lovely Keeper friends will be dealing with some emotional trauma. And we will worry about them breaking. BUT, things will work out. You'll see. Why the emotional trauma? Because everyone goes through it. We just see some characters' trauma more than others. And I want to give everyone a voice. ):) 

Yes. That is a sad/happy face. 

I squinted, trying to see what Dex was talking about.

He said something about Tam's shadows, and was pointing to a spot that was a little darker than the flames around it. 

Focusing my eyes, I barely made out some swirling black....fumes...

Linh shrieked. 

"Those are Tam's shadows! They're in the fire!"

I saw tears streaking down her pale face, and I realized that matching ones flowed down my face too. 

Two of my best friends were surrounded by flames, near death, and all I could do was stand there and watch. 

Never have I ever felt so helpless. 

An overwhelming sorrow and guilt washed over me, and I sank to my knees, uncaring that I was muddying my brand new dress. 

Kneeling at the water's edge, I stared at the devouring flames. 

My friends. 

And then the black disappeared. 

They're gone. 

A/N: Yes, I know Tam did something to the flames. You'll see.