"Not listening"-Elwin's POV

A/N: So I'm pretty sure that there aren't many Elwin POV's but I will do my best to capture his spirit, the "little" I "remember" of it. (Choose to interpret that as you want to. I don't even know myself. It just felt right.) :s

CAUTION! NIGHTFALL SPOILERS BELOW! TAKE CAUTION! BUT I WON'T TELL YOU WHAT THEY ARE.

I smiled to myself. 

Sounded like Tam finally told Sophie.

Every waking moment up until Sophie opened her eyes, he was worried that he would leave before he got a chance to ask Sophie what happened before he woke up.

But I really thought that he just wanted to see her awake before Physic and I swarmed her with all of our medication and pills. 

Glancing over, I saw that they were holding hands, and my inner shipper (Sophie explained it to me during one of her many visits), just gushed. 

Their medications could wait for another hour or so as they talked. 

Even though I knew that Sophie was in a love......triangle.......situation with Fitz and Keefe, and Tam was silently crushing on Biana, they had a connection that was never really acknowledged. 

I was pretty sure that Sophie was Tam's first, "I'm willing to give you a try at friendship even though it's dangerous for Linh and me," friend. 

And to Sophie, Tam was someone who she could trust because he didn't have other...motives to befriending her. 

It was one of the purest "I'm there for you," friendships without being so "always there." 

Even though Keefe and Sophie had one of those, and Fitz was trying to get there, this was different. 

Tam saw the side of Sophie that got her into the scrapes that made this the "Foster Healing Center," as Keefe put it. 

He saw the determination that I hoped wouldn't get her killed one day, and he saw the human emotions that made my heart weep for her, and I knew that even if Keefe and Fitz broke her heart, he would be there to help her clean it up, and not pry on her weakened state. 

The talking grew quiet, and I peeked in to make sure all was going well. 

I saw that Tam had swung his feet over to Sophie's side of the bed and had removed part of a bandage.

Even though the medical side of me wanted to run into the room screaming, my emotional side won and I sat on the ground, with my head in my hands, letting the tears flow freely. 

Tam's feet. 

They were damaged, his right one damaged beyond repair, and his left with scars that even elvin medicine couldn't fix. 

Even though I had seen the worst of the worst and treated it, Tam's case was such as one that I've never seen before. 

The flames produced a chemical reaction with the atmosphere inside the abandoned castle by the time Tam got burned. 

The chemical reaction resulted in a gas, one which ate away at Tam's skin and part of bone structure. He was going to have to walk with a prosthetic right foot for the rest of his life. 

That's where Dex was right now, working day and night to make one for him. 

He was working with Linh because they.....had......almost identical feet, interestingly enough. 

I heard Sophie's gasp and cries, the thumps and screeches of the beds moving closer together, and felt the sobs echoing the ache in my heart. 

Murmurs of comfort came from the room I couldn't bear to be in, and whispers of hope and concern floated towards me. 

"It's going to okay. It's not your fault."

Tam speaking. 

"I did this for you, to save you. I would lose my life for you Sophie, for any of you, but promise me this."

"Yes?"

He cleared his throat. 

"Protect Linh. And don't---"

A pause. 

"Don't forget me."

"Tam. I could never forget you."

"Promise me. "

"I promise that I will never forget you."

"And that Linh will always be safe."

"The day Mr. Forkle tells me everything is the day I'll break my promises."

A small smile spread across my lips. 

That promise was better than gold. 

Forkle would die leaving Sophie with questions. 

I heard laughter come from them and then a comfortable silence. 

Pulling myself together, I checked in the mirror, looking for any signs that I was doing anything even akin to listening. 

I straightened my glasses, adjusted my coat, and got ready to run in like I was a worried crazy man. 

This was going to be one of my best performances yet.

Taking in a deep breath, I sprinted over the threshold of the door separating my patients from me, and acted out of breath, startling the two who were in Sophie's bed, cuddling.

Awwwwwwwwww!

Sophie was tucked up against Tam's chest, with the covers all a jumble, and his arms were squeezing her tight. 

Be still my fangirling heart and come up with a plausible excuse brain.

"I heard laughter. What happened?"

Sophie and Tam looked at each other, Sophie panicking, and Tam spoke smoothily.

"Sophie just told me how she got sent to the Healing Center for the very first time. I wish I could have seen Fitz in pink."

Sophie smiled very nervously, hoping that I wouldn't press anymore, so I didn't. 

I nodded, and added some stuff that she might not have told him, impressed with the swift lie he told to cover it up. 

I walked over to Tam's foot, sniffed the wraps like the crazy physician I am, and exited the room swiftly.

As I walked towards my cabinets, I heard,

"So tell me about this 'splotching tournament'. It was pink, right?"

And I smiled to myself. 

Yeah, I was TOTALLY not listening.

A/N: Tada! The fluff I promised! I'll try to make it more fluffy in the chapters to come! And if you couldn't find the Nightfall spoilers, I'm not telling you. ;D