I'm alive?-Sophie's POV

A/N: Sooooo originally, both Sophie and Tam were supposed to have lost their memories, but my brain decided that it would be better for the story line to do it this way, so we shall see. :D

I was floating in my mind, trying to swim, call for help, anything. 

Surrounded by memories, that were just out of reach.

I looked at them, and they started to play, but when I went in for a closer look, they got all fuzzy, and I started to blur.

The Neverseen were always in the biggest memories, and they never stopped playing. 

I could only float, and sometimes, I couldn't even do that, and I would just randomly start to fall. 

My screams were lost in the void, and I knew that when the day came, I would fall and never stop falling again. 

And my screams would be lost forever.

And I could never tell anyone what had happened. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After endless days of this, something new had popped up in the distance, and I was forever trying to make my way over to it.

And then, one day, I stopped trying.

It was pointless.

And the moment I completely gave up, the something got bigger. 

It was a light, and it consumed my void, eating up every memory, and I saw that parts of me were leaving.

I wanted to be scared, but somehow I knew that things would be okay if the light ate all of me, so I let go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I awoke to screams. 

Screams of delight, shock, and the silent scream. 

Coughing, I sat up in my bed, propping myself with an elbow.

Looking around, I saw that I was in the Healing Center.

Again.

Then, I was enveloped in hugs from either side, and I burrowed my face into my parents' chests.

It was good to be awake. 

And not in pain.

Elwin chuckled. 

"It's good to have you back Sophie," he said, smiling through tears.

"I'm glad I'm out of that void in my mind now."

"But, where's Tam?"

A cough from the bed next to me arose.

I turned to look at the cougher and gasped. 

It was Tam, only, his eyes.

They looked lost somehow.

"They tell me you're Sophie."

I paused.

"You lost your memory..."

He shrugged, and tugged on his bangs.

"Yeah, I guess I did."

"Don't worry. I'll help you remember."

I winked. 

"Especially me."

My cheeks flushed. 

Where had that come from?

Tam had a quizzical look on his face, but grinned. 

"I look forward to it."

Elwin cleared his throat.

"Now that you're awake Sophie, I'm going to do an exam, and then let you rest."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Elwin finished up, and everyone left so we could get some rest, I turned to Tam.

"Sooo..... You lost your memory."

He nodded.

"Well, luckily, I have a photographic memory, so I can help with that!"

"Okay. But, can we talk through shadow whispering? I need to practice. My skills aren't what they were before."

I nodded. 

He grinned, and sat up straighter in bed. 

His shadow stretched out and crossed mine, just like I remembered. 

Hello Sophie.

Hi Tam.

Can I ask you a question?

Sure? I'll do my best to answer it.

How come everyone wants you to heal Fitz?

What? Heal Fitz?

He looked confused.

Yeah. They said something about his mind being broken, and you being the only one who could heal him.

Fitz was broken?

A/N: Duhn Duhn DUUUHHHNNNNNNNNN!!!! Hah. So I have some slight bad news. I've kind of been going through an angst phase, and it's not fun. It's also showing up in my writing, and I can't write good fluff. And I want all of the rest of this to be fluff. Well, most of it. So I shall be taking a temporary break from this story. Just a short one. Maybe a week at the most. I'm hoping something is going to happen or whatnot... Or, maybe I'll get inspired by reading some good Sotam fluff! ;) Soooo, sorry about it, but I think it's best for the story (and me) to get a little break. Maybe I'll have some art of my own afterwards! Bye for now!