Coming home-Linh's POV

A/N: Hello! Here is another update! We just left off with Tam putting Sophie to sleep, and now he is going home. Funny, thing is that Linh is coming home too! Whoever gets home first will have the element of surprise. Who is it going to be?

We leaped to home, and I squeezed Fitz's hand goodbye.

We had gone to Altantis for an impromptu date, and just walked around the stores, window shopping mostly. 

The sun was gone now, and the stars twinkled brightly ahead, and the moon's glow left a warm feeling inside of me. 

Fitz cleared his throat. 

"I-I got this for you Linh." 

He withdrew a silver chain with a small jeweled swirl on the end of it, with sapphires and blue topazes studding the chain and the pendant. 

I gasped, it was lovely, twirling in the soft moonlight, gleaming. 

"Thank-thank you Fitz. I love it. It's breathtaking."

He chuckled softly.

"Just like you."

His whispered words brushed against my cheek as he leaned over to fasten the necklace around me. 

"I had fun today Fitz. Thank you."

I whispered into his ear, and shyly gave him a quick peck on the cheek. 

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight. I'll send you a message on my Imparter once I get home."

"Okay."

With that, Fitz pulled out his leaping crystal and held it up to the light. 

"Fitz, when are you going to get a ring for her?"

A dry, and yet somehow mocking, angry, and growling voice spoke from the doorway. 

The owner was clothed in shadows, with a light shining behind him, masking their features even more. 

"Tam!"

"You'll see, Shade."

And Fitz glittered away. 

I whirled around, cloak swishing, and turned hurt eyes upon my twin. 

"What was that for?"

"You broke a promise."

"And you lied to me."

It was then when I remembered the playful pact we had made in Exillium, the one I thought I'd never have the chance to fulfill. 

The tears finally fell, and shame filled me, all the tiles I ignored falling down on me, crushing my elation.

Tam opened his arms, and I couldn't help but run into them. 

"I'm s-sorry Tam."

"I was so happy."

"I-I forgot."

My twin held me against his chest, and I felt his cloak around me. 

"I know. But why did you say that you were with friends?"

"I was, I was with Biana wen you asked, but then Sophie came in, and it got really...."

I gasped, finally realizing why Sophie had run out of the room like she did. 

"Tam. I've made a terrible mistake."

"Sophie liked Fitz, didn't she?"

He was silent, and I knew that I had hit upon the right answer. 

"I-I didn't know Tam. What do I do? She's probably in her room, crying herself to sleep, and-"

"Linh, it's okay. Shh..."

"But you don't know  that Tam! You're just saying that to make me feel better...."

His body tensed up, and I realized once again, how wrong I'd been. 

"You do know..."

Hurt filled me, because he accused me of breaking the promise we kept, but I remembered the second buzz that came after I replied to him. 

"That was you who had tried to contact me, wasn't it?"

"Yeah. I told you then, that I was with Sophie."

"I asked why she was crying."

All of the mistakes I made in the last few hours whirled around in my brain. 

"I've made such a mess of everything today Tam."

"You can fix them in the morning. Sophie's sleeping right now. You should too."

"Okay. Goodnight Tam."

I felt tiny as I crept up the stairs to my room, (A/N: Do Tam and Linh even HAVE stairs?) and slipped between my covers after I got ready for bed. 

Tomorrow was going to be a hard day. 

A/N: Sorry the update was so short. I'll try to make the next one longer. :P