Ch.2- Flannel

(A/N   Ok so still no readers, but that's okay lol. I didn't expect ppl to read this but eh. Anyway I worked really hard and will continue to, no warnings just some fluff and cursing as always. Hopefully the third chapter will be out by end of next week. Anyway enjoy!)

                         The crowded diner didn't matter to her at this point. She was in her head thinking about all the things she felt about that one simple comment from that one simple man. That's the only thing she heard. She didn't hear the multiple voices around the diner.

She felt a little dumb though. All he said was that she looked nice, and he liked her makeup, nothing super forward. Hell, he could've just been being a friendly guy or taking pity on Brooklyn for being a loser who just broke up with some guy.

So the girl sighed softly. She brought the coffee mug up to her lips. The rim felt hot on her mouth. As she lifted it the dark liquid hit her tongue. She swallowed the coffee in a big gulp. The satisfying feeling of the liquid slipping down her throat.

She turned her head only slightly, getting a glimpse of the man doing his job taking orders and strutting around refilling coffee cups.

She studied him more deeply this time. He was wearing flannel again. Except the color was gray this time. The sleeves still rolled up to his elbows. His eyebrows furrowed. One customer seemed to be annoying him deeply.

She watched in amusement. A small smirk on her plump lips. She studied his features. This time she noticed his long eyelashes that framed his deep blue eyes. His bottom lashes especially. She never thought she'd find eyelashes pretty like that on a man who already had rather masculine features, but she honestly did.

She studied his jaw-line. It was sharp, the stubble along his jaw seemed perfect. Though it wasn't defined or anything. It was just perfect for Brooklyn. She chuckled to herself. She couldn't believe herself at this point.

Finding this random stranger attractive. And he wasn't even her type. But she liked his looks, and she barely knew the man yet. She frowned a little bit. Besides, he found her annoying. Her eyes trailed to the back of his head. The wavy, almost curly brown hair that puffed out from under his cap. Her smile returned. It was cute...he was cute.

She kept watching him, the smile turning into an almost stupid grin. Right as she had that dumb grin on her face he turned around. Of course, their eyes meet across the room. Direct eye contact.

She froze up for a second before immediately turning around. Hunching her shoulders a bit. Embarrassed and feeling bashful. She could already tell he was walking her way. To go back behind the counter, because it's his job.

And Brooklyn was right. Luke walked right behind the counter, the coffee pot in hand. He set in down before turning to the kitchen without a word. Brooklyn didn't even look at his face, feeling self-conscious almost immediately.

So she sat in silence before a white plate was set down in front of her. Her food. She almost forgot really. She looked up now at Luke. Who was once again leaning over her against the counter of the diner, his eyes shining a bright blue. Brooklyn thought to herself a second. He wasn't understanding that this could be considered borderline flirting. She could tell by the normal look he had.

"Well, no thank you?" He joked. Piercing blue eyes watching the younger girl.

"Oh. Thanks." She stuttered out. Soft Spoken as she went to look for her utensils. She grabbed them before she cut a sizable chunk of the pancake and shoved it into her mouth. She chewed fast.