Ch. 7- To Tell Ya The Truth

(A/N  YALLL IM BACK, I'm sorry for the long break but I'm here. anyway, sooo this has angst and cursing and uh kinda triggering bad bf behavior yall but here it is, long-awaited ch. 7)

The October air just seemed to be getting colder as time went by, Brooklyn was currently in the diner. She was extremely tired but she had work today so she just stopped by for some coffee, but that didn't end up happening at all, what did end up happening was her talking to Luke, about life in general, and just warming up to each other again and long eye contact and coy smiles. As much as Brooklyn didn't want to admit it, she missed him. A hella of a ton. Though it was almost heartbreaking how much Brooklyn didn't even realize Luke missed her more than she did.

The diner had been empty that morning, though now and then someone would come in and order something to go, but other than that Luke and Brooklyn were enjoying each other's company alone together. Luke basically couldn't stop smiling at her, though even if Brooklyn and Scott were partners now, Luke tried his best to keep his chin up. Stay in a positive mood and not falter, she was just a friend. A girl. A very pretty girl...a very pretty girl who kissed him with more passion he could handle...

"So, How's life with the bad boy?" Luke raised an eyebrow as he leaned against the counter. He let his jaw rest on his palm as he looked into the hazel eyes he adored more than anything else in his life right now.

"It's good," Brooklyn spoke slowly, a shy smile grew on her lips. "We're still in the beginning phases ya know? Sorta restarting. Nothing too crazy has happened yet." She shrugged and she gripped the mug of coffee rather tightly. She looked down into the cup, she could feel Luke's blue gaze on her tanned skin.

"You dated for eight years, what else could happen that's crazy?" Luke scoffed lightly, he felt a little jealous but he tried not to be, he wanted to be supportive and understanding for Brooklyn, a pal, after all, she was pretty much the only person he truly cared about in this small town. He didn't want to lose the girl who had his heart.

"You know what I mean!" Brooklyn finally looked up. Her voice went thin for a second, an embarrassed smile on her face and her cheeks were slightly pink colored. She felt embarrassed in a funny way. After all Luke should've known what she had meant, and what she had meant was sex, even though Scott and she have been intimate before but the pair had decided to take it a little slower this time around.

"No, I don't, I really don't," Luke spoke with a knowing smirk. Flirting unknowingly. He stood up straight now and his head lifted from his hand that was resting on it before. He started to roll up his sleeves slowly.

"Would you care to explain maybe? Cause I'm a little lost." He spoke softly as if he was teasing her, which he was. He enjoyed seeing her cheeks get all flushed.

"Oh shut up! You can be so immature sometimes you know that?" She scowled playfully before standing up. She watched as Luke shrugged and chuckled at her. He eyed her closely, the night of her birthday teased at his brain. The warmth of Brooklyn's tongue and the taste of beer. A feeling of anxiety set in somewhere in Luke's chest.

"I probably have to head off to work by now." Her voice calmed slightly as she went to reach for her jacket. But before she could grab it Luke blurted the following out: "I have something to tell you." He spoke fast and his tone shifted from teasing to panicked. It was weird, so Brooklyn turned to him, with a gentle smile.

"What is it?"

"So...you know the night of your birthday? When you came over here? You brought drinks?" Luke asked, his palm started to press almost painfully against the edge of the counter. Digging deeper and deeper into his calloused flesh as the memories played on repeat in that brain of his. He watched as Brooklyn's face lit up.