Ch.5- Sleep For A Long Time

(A/N   sorry this one is rushed and kinda short. but here we have a sad and overprotective Luke and of course slow burn. Warnings: Smut, cursing and yeah. Hope yall enjoy! sorry for any mistakes in my grammar!)

Luke sat in his apartment alone. He was still in his pajamas curled up in his bed, the diner didn't open today and the man didn't know what to do with himself. He remembered last night clearly. Every detail. The way Brooklyn smiled and laughed and cursed. The way that she smelled of vanilla and alcohol. And the way her lips felt against his own. When she kissed him he took it all in. And now Luke couldn't forget it. It was burned into his brain.

And all Luke could do was sit and think,and attempt to sleep last night. Which he couldn't. He hadn't known her long but there was a sort of connection there. He enjoyed her company and was sure she enjoyed his as well. But Luke couldn't tell the difference between Brooklyn genuinely wanting to kiss him or a drunken mistake. But he wanted it either way.

So currently Luke was hiding out in his apartment upstairs. He could see Brooklyn's apartment on top of Miss Patty's from his window. It seemed like all the lights were still off. It made Luke feel uneasy.

But he didn't feel like getting dressed or taking a shower...or even eating at this point. And her ex was back too. Scott. He was younger and has way more history with her. Maybe Brooklyn will just go back with him and leave Luke in the dust.

Luke sighed heavily. He didn't want to be a second choice. He always felt like he was in these types of situations, and these situations happen way too often for Luke.

He rolled over in his bed and sat up. He leaned back on his arms for support. He didn't know what to do. He didn't know if he wanted to even see Brooklyn right now. What if she didn't even remember?

Luke slowly became more and more anxious about what was happening. His hand going to the back of his neck. Nervously thinking about his life right now. The worst part was that he already missed Brooklyn so much. He wanted her with him. He wanted to cuddle her and hold her tightly. He wasn't one for physical affection. His love language was more quality time than anything. And that was how he showed Brooklyn he cared, by sitting down with her at lunchtime and hearing her spout nonsense. While he grinned there like an idiot. But if she didn't remember last night or it was something careless she did while drunk, well he wouldn't blame her.

'I shouldn't have let the kiss happen in the first place.' Luke kept repeating that to himself. It was wrong. Morally for him at least. He sighed heavily. Staring at his wall. It seemed like that was all he ever does when he becomes nervous or stressed. He just dissociates. He empties his head. He forgets whatever is happening and goes into his own little trance.

After a whole minute he shook it off. Deciding to go take a cold shower. As Luke got up to collect a towel and pick out clothes. Scott floated into his mind. The young black haired man. And Scott was staying at the independence inn. Lorelai worked there. So Lorelai has seen him.

Luke turned to the house phone he had. Dialing Lorelai's number. It was already twelve so she would be up most likely, the phone rang as the man impatiently stood, tapping his foot against the floor.

"Hello?" Lorelai's voice was bright and awake.

"Hey Lorelai it's Luke...I uh- I have a favor to ask, I guess." He muttered his voice was dull and he sounded tired.

"Um Ok. What is it?"

"So there might be a guest at the inn. His name is Scott. I don't know his last name but he is uh..average height. Black hair. Probably in a leather jacket. Early thirties?" Luke felt desperate and pathetic to ask of this.