Ch.6-Green with envy

(A/N Did I start re-watching Gilmore Girls series all over again? Yes. Am I doing it so I can write Luke's character better? Yes. But am I also just fuckin obsessed with the show...? Yes bitches I am. ANYWAY-this chapter no smut, no cursing really. It's just more slow this chapter I guess. Just sum light angst and sow burn. Its also shorter cuz I was rushing to finish this up for you guys anyway here ya go! Hope you guys enjoy!!)

His blue eyes. His pine smell. His dark lashes weren't really thoughts in Brooklyn's head anymore. Sure, she had a tiny crush on some random guy. But it was over, those feelings weren't there. It wasn't only because of their argument in the grocery store, it's the fact that he insulted Scott and assumed he was bad for her. It offended Brooklyn and since then she had been avoiding him. They didn't talk for almost two weeks. And still they weren't talking.

Obviously it wasn't a big fight, but it resonated deep within Brooklyn. And after that when she was with Scott she told him all about it, and he started talking bad about Luke. Brooklyn just listened but didn't really say much that night.

But now here she was sitting in her apartment, finally she had a bedpost and it was a nice dark brown made of wood. She got new sheets and covers, and now she had a job at the inn. She was a maid and the inn was pretty fancy, it wasn't much but she had money now. So her apartment was new and improved. And Scott was crashing with her now. So that was interesting.

She had a couch and most nights he slept there, at least he was sleeping there if he wasn't out hooking up with girls all night. But Brooklyn didn't care, it didn't bother her and didn't affect her personal life. And she enjoyed Scott; he was respectful and always had time for her to still hangout as friends.

Besides he "helped" her with the Luke situation. He was always telling her Luke wasn't worth it. He told her to not think about it, plus he said Luke was way older than Brooklyn and kind of a creep. Sadly Brook started to believe him. And she avoided Luke always. But sometimes when Scott wasn't around she would put on the flannel she stole from Luke and look at his dinner from her window. She missed him, but the girl would never admit it.

Today she had work, and was considering actually visiting Luke's Diner to get coffee and some breakfast. Brooklyn missed his food. She wondered how Luke was doing, she wondered if he still cared and still hated Scott. She already assumed he did. But she stepped away from the window and went to get dressed in her uniform.

She wore a gray dress that was a little above her knees. The collar was white and she had a white apron as well. She wore black stockings and very comfortable black shoes, considering she had to stand all day. But she got ready and put her wavy hair up into a bun. Using bobby pins to pin her bangs back. She had a neutral eyeshadow color on, blush, mascara and a light lip color. She grabbed her bag and jacket and then she was off.

As she walked through the streets of Stars Hollow the cold October air bothered her more than anything, it was very windy as well today, so she was plainly annoyed. Usually she would wait by the bus stop near Luke's diner but today she really was hungry and needed coffee, so she passed the bus stop and crossed the street to Luke's diner.

As she opened the door the familiar sound of the bell rang in her ears, her eyes immediately landed on the familiar man behind the counter, he was looking down writing on his notepad, taking an order of the person in front of him. But as he heard the bell his eyes darted upwards landing on Brooklyn who stood there feeling extremely out of place at the moment.

Luke took a double take almost, finally he stood up straight now. His eyebrows furrowed as his eyes settled on her. He looked flustered and his mouth was slightly agape. And there they were again, his blue eyes. Though they seemed dull now. And it seemed he hadn't shaved in a while. He looked tired. And Brooklyn felt terrible that he was. Even if they weren't on the best of terms she still sorta cared about the guy. Because after their argument Luke was just really grumpy afterward. To everyone. At Least those were the rumors. He stood there dressed in a tight-ish gray t-shirt. She could see the form of his torso. A red and black flannel over it unbuttoned and with blue jeans and his black boots. Still he had a blue backwards baseball cap on his head. His curly brown hair poking out from underneath it.