Win over Midoryia

Todoroki's POV

I decided that I was going to buy Midoryia's birthday gift today, 30 minutes later I was ready and headed out the door. I hopped into my black truck and drove to the mall, now what shall I buy for him? I arrive there, walking inside the mall with people chattering, many stores, and bright lights.

I turn over to see the All Might store Midoryia usually goes into to buy some merch. "Hm," I walk inside and look all over for something he didn't have. I spot this figurine that stood out from the rest, I picked it up and stopped to look at the price tag. Yeah, Midoryia doesn't have this yet, I am sure. I walk over to the cashier and pay for my item.

I need some gift wrapping paper, but what color? I go into this store with wrapping paper of colors, designs, and material. Ah, he likes the color red, that's right. I go and grab a plain red wrapping paper, then go buy a white bow to put on top of the present.

                                     Time skip

I got home from the mall and started wrapping the present I got Midoryia. I had little bit of trouble, so I had asked Fuyumi for help. It ended up looking plain, but it didn't matter if it looked presentable. It was the present that mattered the most, and hope he likes it.

Now, if I want to change his mind I'll have to hangout with him more. I pick up my phone and dial Midoryia's number. "Hey Todoroki, what did you need?" he said quite sleepily, he must have just woken up. "I was wondering if you wanted to go to the cafe with me?" I said. "Oh sure, when will you pick me up?" he questioned. "Around 2, so be ready." I replied. "Okay, see you!" he said happily, must be in a good mood.

Izuku's POV

This was awfully weird Todoroki was inviting me to the cafe without Tsu, Iida, and Uraraka. I didn't want to seem rude and ask, so I went with the flow. It was already 11, so I had 3 hours left until he arrived here. I did my usual routine and went downstairs for my breakfast. "Oh, you are going somewhere I assume?" my mom asks. "Yes I am, Todoroki invited me to the cafe with him at 2." I said smiling.

I basically inhaled my breakfast from how hungry I was, then I decided to go for a quick walk, I did have time. I grab my headphones and run out the door, jogging and jogging. That's when I stopped by Kacchan's house. It has been several years from the last time I ever stepped in that house.

I remember all the memories Kacchan and I had, it made me smile a little. "HEY, what the hell is a nerd like you doing outside my house!" Kacchan yelled all of the sudden from his bedroom window. "A-ah sorry, I just happened to walk by from my jog. I will be going now!" I quickly run away and wave back to him, phew I just dodged a real bullet there. My heart starts racing more and sweat drips from my forehead, I don't know whether it's from running or the fact that I saw Kacchan.

I just went back home, trying to clear my head. The time was now 1:30, I had some time. That's when I heard the doorbell ring outside, no that couldn't be him. My mom opened the door, and to my surprise Todoroki was there. He started chatting with my mom, and she was smiling more than she had ever did when my dad died.

I smile, eyes filling up with tears. "Hey Midoryia, sorry I came early. I assumed you were ready, are you not?" He asked. "Oh no I am ready, come on!" I quickly wiped away my tears and head out the front door with Todoroki.

"Hey, what did you do to make my mom smile so much?" I ask quietly. "Ah, w-" before he could speak I surprised hugged him. "Thank you, this is the most she has smiled since my dad died." I said, trying to wipe away the tears. "It's fine, now come on. We have the cafe to hangout remember?" He said. I smile, it may seem like Todoroki doesn't care, but that's just his expression. "Oh yeah!" I totally forgot about our hangout and why he was here.

He drove us to the cafe, it looked very humble. We went inside, a nice lady gave us our table to sit at. We both ordered a drink, and it was delicious. I think I got a little messy because Todoroki was looking at me. "Hey, you have some on your cheek," he said. "H-huh!" I quickly backed away when he tried to touch my cheek. "Sorry," he said quietly as he looked away. "N-no it's fine, I shouldn't have overreacted!" I quickly said not wanting to hurt him. Todoroki is really acting weird lately, he's never this nice usually. Don't get me wrong, he is nice!

Todoroki's POV

As soon as I tried to wipe the cream off his cheek, he quickly backed up. I was confused to as why, but I didn't question it. Everything was going so well, but it feels like my progress was wasted because of that moment. I didn't want to make him even more uncomfortable than he already was. "Hey, do you want to go anywhere else?" I ask. "Mhm, I heard there was this arcade downtown!" "Then, we will go there, come." I said politely.

                                   Time skip

We arrived at the arcade, there were thousands of machines. "Woah," Midoryia said while his breath was being taken away. "Oh! Look there is an All Might arcade machine, let's look at that first!" He ran so fast, it was hard to catch up with him. Then, after we played that one he ran over to the next. "H-hey, want to play that machine over there?" I said out of breath.

"Alrighty!" he quickly bounced over there. Now this was my chance! "How about I win this All Might plushie for you?" I said. "Oh! You don't have to Todoroki, this game is probably rigged." He said quick but nervously, by the time he was done talking I had it in my hands. "What, you are so amazing Todoroki!" he gleefully shouted. "Here," I gave it to him, his eyes were sparkling.

"Hey, we should head home now, don't you think?" I asked. "Oh yeah, well I had a fun time with you. Thank you for the hangout." He replied. We headed out of the mall and into the car, 20 minutes later I dropped him at his house. "Bye!" we both wave while I ride into the distance. For me, today has been pretty successful if I say so myself.