chapter one

Before I start this chapter, I'm going to tell you what you need to know.

Y/N your name
L/N last name
H/C hair color
H/L hair length
E/C eye color
S/C skin color
F/C favorite color
F/B favorite band
F/F favorite food
F/D favorite drink
For the sake of my sanity, I will be making an ex boyfriend for you, and maybe a best friend. I don't know yet.

With that out of the way, let's get this story started!

Your P.o.V

I am floating in a space of white nothingness. I feel weightless. Happy. Then, something changes. I am fall. I don't stop falling. I open my mouth to scream. The wind drowns it out.

I wake up to my own voice. I keep muttering things. I am awake, but at the same time, not awake. I see something standing by my bed. It is a shadow. I try to call for help, but cannot move my mouth. I am in sleep paralysis again. This has been happening more and more frequently.

I do not try to move. I stay right where I am, just like my therapist has told me in the past. Soon, I am unconscious again.

I woke up with a groan. I was laying on my side, alone. I was used to waking up alone. My boyfriend, Josh, almost never spent time with me. I was beginning to think that he was cheating on me, using the excuse of his work to spend time with other women. I didn't have any proof about this, however, so I didn't bring up the topic.

I got out of bed and put some clothes on. I put on a F/C sweatshirt and sweatpants. I left my feet bare, because I wasn't going anywhere anyways. My boyfriend insisted that I took a job as a game developer. I met with my team via Zoom.

I got on my Zoom and greeted everyone. My best friend and boss, Steven, was the first one to respond.

"Morning, Y/N! I hope you slept well?"

"Yeah, I slept fine. Thanks for asking!"

We dove right into the topic of our next game, which was going to be about a young girl coming out of an abusive relationship. It was my idea.

Steven took charge and instructed me to finish developing all of the characters.

Time skip brought to you by G's cigarettes.

After the Zoom call was over, I went back to drawing Elizibeth, the game's main character. I was sitting in my study when I heard the door open. I was about to call out when I heard Josh shush someone.

"Shh, shh, my girlfriend's in her study. We'll be fine as long as you stay quiet."

I shut my sketchbook and was immediately enraged. I had never cheated on Josh before! Ever! And here he is, bringing girls into our apartment!

I waited until I heard the muffled moans, then knocked on the bedroom door.

"Honey? What's going on in there?" I could just barely hide the rage from my voice.

"Nothing, Babe-"

"I'm coming in!" I pushed the door open.

"No, no-"

I gasped, acting like I was surprised. "Josh...How could you? I loved you..."

Josh got up, reaching out to me. I pushed him away and ran out the door, grabbing his keys on the way. He drove a slick black mustang with a red interior.

I ran to his car, getting in and starting it. I passed my driver's test with flying colors, so driving wouldn't be a problem for me. I put the car in reverse and drove out of the parking lot, tears rolling down my face. I had remembered to grab my work bag, which included my sketchbook, my laptop, tablet and art supplies.

I drove down the street, while monsters and humans alike stared at me. I stopped at a stop light and looked around. There was a car following me, but I didn't mind. For all I knew, this person was just minding their own business and driving home.

The people behind me ended up following me until I stopped to get gas. Josh had always been horrible at keeping the gas tank full. Suddenly, someone grabbed me and slammed my body into the ground. I couldn't breathe. The person was putting pressure on my back and lungs.

Someone else grabbed my arm and twisted it painfully.

"You tell me where you got this car, and we let you go." A harsh voice said into my ear.

"Can't....."

The voice commanded the person on top of me to let some air in. I gasped for air, and the voice mercifully let me catch my breath.

"I got the car from-"

"Let the girl go." I was interrupted by a calm, deep voice. I tried to look around, but the man on top of me slammed my head into the ground and put his full weight on me. It felt like my back was going to break.

"I said, let the human girl go. I'd suggest doing what I say right now, before this gets ugly."

The man on my back grabbed my hair, lifting my head and putting a knife to my neck. I looked around for the course of the voice, seeing a pair of black Jean's and biker boots. I tried to breathe, but the man on my back shifted his weight.

I yelled out with what little breath I had left. I was seeing stars.

"Let the human girl go. Last warning."

I felt a cold, sharp pain slide across my neck and everything went black.