Chapter 10

It was a cold winter day in the Kingdom of Solarion, however despite the weather many children were buzzing with excitement, why? Because in just one week the new year would start and all those turning 10 next year would finally learn there Magical Affinities.

As a result all of the 9, soon to be 10, year old were just brimming with anticipation, well almost all of them.

There were 3 children who already knew their Magical Affinities, Edward Von Rosewell, William Hail, and Lucas Stone.

They were in the library as it was to cold to go to the garden Edward was reading a book on magical theory, Lucas was attempting to read a book about proper swordsmanship, and William was sleeping on his finished book on laws regarding magic.

Lucas was very frustrated as he tried to read his book, his face contorting into a cute pout, he picked the book because it sounded interesting but there were a lot of words he didn't understand.

Edward noticed Lucas's pout and asked "Lu are you ok?"

Lucas answered "Yeah I just can't understand some of these words."

"Oh! I can help." Edward said with a smile.

"B-but what about your book?"

"I just finished!"

"Oh. Okay!"

"Let me wake Will up then we can all read together!" Lucas nodded in agreement as Edward softly shook William's shoulder.

"Mmm what is it Angel?" William asked while rubbing his eyes.

"Lu is having trouble reading his book so were going to read it together!" Edward excitedly replied.

"Cool." Was William's comment on the matter.

After Reading

(W=William, E=Edward, L=Lucas)

W:"Hey Angel?"

E:"Yes Will?"

W:"Is something wrong?"

L:"I-i was wondering so too A-angel."

E:"*Sigh* Is it that obvious?"

W:"Not really we just know you well"(William smiled as he said this)

E:"I'm worried"

W:"About what Angel?"

E:"About the Affinity Rite"(the Affinity Rite is the time when everyone finds out their Magical Affinities)

L;"The Affinity Rite, but you already know your affinities Angel what's there to be worried about?"

E:"The thing I'm worried about is the fact that I have 5 affinities! No one's ever had 5 affinities before!"

W:"An I get it I'm... actually worried about the Affinity Rite too."

L:"Huh? Why are worried Will?"

W:"You see my family has this tradition, once we take our Affinity Rite we have to train in a magic rich area to reach our full potential before the Magic Academy"

Edward already knew about this fact as it was the reason William and the Heroine were separated before the Magic Academy and had to meet there.

E:"But you've already trained your magic in a magic rich area(the garden were they usually meet is a magic rich area)

W:"That doesn't matter, my parents are also against it but my grandparents are very strict about tradition."

L:"So you're going to have to leave us?"

W:"Yeah sorry Lu, and sorry to you too Angel"

E:"D-don't apologize Will it's not your fault."

The 3 friends shared a long hug and resolved to spend the week enjoying each other's company as much as possible.