27• LUPERCALIA

Loud music vibrates through the room as witches and warlocks dance together.

Ivy smiles at Sabrina from the sidelines, Jamie approaching.

"C'mon, don't tell me you don't dance" he teases, leaning against the wall beside her.

"Last time i danced i was chased through the woods by the high priest and the entire coven to sign my name in the book of the beast" she tilts her head amused.

He shakes his head, stammering, "yeah, that'll do it".

"Oh well, new beginnings" he quickly pulls her by the hand as she rolls her eyes, smiling.

Sabrina and Ivy stare as Ambrose kisses Prudence roughly.

"Ambrose, wont Luke get jealous?" Sabrina scoffs in amusement.

He shrugs as Prudence kisses his neck, "Luke's out of town on a mission for Father Blackwood" he defends.

The weird sisters giggle, running their hands over his shoulders.

"Oh, loosen up Sabrina, we're just getting warmed up for Lupercalia" Prudence smirks.

Ivy smiles, "Lupercalia, that's like witches Valentine's day, right?" she looks around for confirmation and Nick nods.

"Lupercalia coincides with mortal Valentine's day yes but in my opinion it's just a lot of hype" he gives Sabrina a smile.

Prudence scoffs, "please, Nick. They're not so naive and innocent as all that" she looks between the sisters.

"No one is after signing the book of the beast" she grins.

***

"Aunties, what exactly is Lupercalia?" Sabrina asks as they sit in the parlour room.

Zelda grins excitedly, "oh, it's a lusty festival started by the roman witches under the reign of Caligula" she sips her wine.

Ivy and Sabrina lean back tired, ready for another of her excited lectures.

"Named after the Luprical cave where the twin founders of Rome, Romulous and Remus were suckled by the she wolf. It was instituted as means to purify the city and increase healthy and fertility" Zelda smiles proudly.

Hilda scoffs, "well it's less about fertility these days and more about...well..." she stammers.

"Sex. Hilda. S-E-X" Zelda sighs as Hilda stammers more.

"There will be a lot of fanfare about it at the Academy, Father Blackwood of course will be master of the hunt" Zelda smiles in thought.

Ivy grimances at the thought of the pair.

"So, it's a hunt?" she asks curiously.

"The festival is comprised of three events, the Matching in witch you are paired with a a random warlock" Zelda starts and already the twins share a look of disinterest.

"Then the Courting, where you and said warlock spend the night together in unholy abstinence" she grins.

"And the Hunt, run through the woods witch climaxes in a frenzy of orgyastic cornality".