Chapter Fourteen. Wasted words.

Tom put up perfectly with my dad's second round at 'stereo picking'. We left them in the airport the next Saturday and this time Bill almost cries when Lily said something like 'il' when he kissed her little head goodbye. Tom gave Jazz a high five and got caught by surprise when she hugged him before running back to her parents. Ulrike thanked me for everything and dad instructed the boys about not being asses to me. They already were sometimes, but I let it slide as Tom got most of the serious looks from dad.

"When you make it official, I want a call." Dad said before hugging him goodbye, Bill bit hard on his lip to stop himself from laughing out loud. I covered my face with my hands and waved goodbye as they disappeared in the crowd.

"I didn't know you two were being naughty under the sheets, Sheiße!" Bill said before finally laughing his ass off. Tom found it funny too and told me to loosen up, to which I answered by crossing my arms over my chest.

The next month I kept trying to put things in order at home so I could work on my paintings, it was hard and I didn't have any disposition to do it. The boys were all together though I'd only seen them once for dinner and they kept busy with their album, in an attempt to get myself going for the painting I made a trip to Starbucks and got the guys a small treat before heading to the studio they had rented.

"Oh, sorry." I stumbled upon a tall guy with bright blue eyes; I knew I had met him before. "Matt? Matt Jones?" I had my hands full with all I had bought for the guys.

"Yes, you're...Paula?" I blushed, I wasn't ever called by my first name.

"Yes, but please call me Jo."

We exchanged phone numbers after talking for a couple of minutes.

"I'll text you!" I waved at him and left for the studio, it wasn't a long ride but I still felt the urge to get there soon.

I entered and saw that the guys were listening to Gustav recording his parts. I stepped in quietly and said hi to their manager and his wife before placing everything on the table carefully with my sunglasses still on. I sat on a couch next to Georg and allowed him to put his arm around my shoulder as we heard the drums. Tom was sitting in front of the large machine with another man, they had headphones on and I found that Bill was standing looking at the drummer, swaying slightly.

Gustav came out of the small room and the boys talked about the song for a few minutes. While Gustav did another take, Tom and Georg practiced something on their guitars. Bill talked to David and I looked at the drummer doing his thing.

I always liked the sound of their music; it was obvious as I heard a little bit of what they were doing now, that it was going to be something completely different from what I remembered.

Bill and I sat on a small chair for the most part reading the lyrics he was not sure about. I kept telling him, everything was alright, I really liked their ideas; sometimes I forgot how good these boys were at making music.

After the long day at the studio, I was offered to listen to one song. The song Bill was so excited about and the only one that was closest to being finished.

"Okay, hit me!"

I closed my eyes and waited for the music to start; they put headphones over my ears and pressed play. Silence and then a sudden beat started. It sounded so different. Bill's voice was like a whisper. I recalled reading the lyrics earlier; there was this funny sound on the background, something like laughter, but it came across like a sort of bubbly sound.