Chapter Twenty. This bed's an island. The one from Tom's POV.

If you haven't noticed yet, I like to listen to songs on replay while I write so sometimes the chapters are named after a song, I think that's a funny thing that way it's like a playlist of chapters (does that make any sense?)

Thank you and I know you will definitely enjoy this one!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Has Jo called?" I asked Bill as he stepped out of his room with his phone on his hand, mom and dad were asleep.

"No, Tom...for the thousandth time she hasn't."

I had not asked so many times, maybe just about ten...

"Here, there are pictures." Bill sat next to me on the living room sofa and looked at the laptop screen as I scrolled past pictures and pictures of the event until I found one in which she appeared next to Matt and her mother; she had a short dress on and the paintings were visible in the background.

"She says that 'the turnout has been amazing and she's been asked several times if she knows the artist.' Ha! That's our Jo!"

"Don't you think that hand's a little too low?" I pointed at one of the pictures in which Matt had his arm around Jo's waist, too low for my liking.

"No, that's just above the hip." Bill replied, texting Jo back. "I'll tell her you're jealous."

"Don't you dare." I warned him.

"Okay, how long are you two gonna play these 'I love you, I don't love you' games, it's getting a: old and b: annoying." He listed with his fingers up.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I continued to go through the pictures; there were a few of the paintings, which looked really good, if someone with no knowledge of art could give an opinion.

"Come on, we're twins!" Bill looked at me with a patronizing smile. "I know what you know."

"And what exactly do you know?"

"That you're in l-o-v-e with Jo. But you're too much of an asshole to admit it." I turned back to the computer, looking for more pictures. "That you miss her." He leaned down on the table next to me. "That you had a little something in your room the other night, nothing too serious though." I looked at him, she must have told him because I tried my hardest not to tell him. "That you want to go all the way with her, like ALL THE WAY... maybe not to point of kids, but... I know you do."

"Did she tell you?"

"Oh, she sang like a bird." I noticed how much Bill was enjoying this. "She doesn't really like that Matt guy, all she texts me about is the art, the buildings, the view from his penthouse, how she's so inspired by the city, how she would love to take her sisters to the zoo, how much she misses us all...but I'm sure she misses you more..."

"Did she actually say that?"

"Oh, she did!"

He passed me his phone and showed me one of her texts; she had indeed told him she missed us, writing "It's not the same without Tom and you- miss the jokes, he'd hate the musical scene here but you'd love the fashion." We'd been to NY and she was right, though I didn't hate the music there, just didn't like it that much.