1

It was another hot day in the summertime. The only difference was that the month changed. It was now the month of August and all the tiny children where outside trying to get there last plays in before school started again. There where Ice cream trucks stopping on every corner every three hours and everyone was happy to purchase their sweet cool treats. Kids were also having water balloon fights, running around playing tag, playing kick ball, and baseball. 

This was honestly one of the best summers that I would never forget as a teen. Personally, I loved the month of August. Why? Because one of my brother's close friends would come to stay with us that whole month until school started. I had the biggest crush on him, but I would not tell him that to his face I was scared, besides my brother would have a fit if he found out I was crushing on his best friend. "You over there daydreaming again?" "What? Mom no I'm not daydreaming" "Yes you are sweetie, I tell you what we can keep this little secret between me and you ok" "what secret?" "I know your crushing on your brothers' friend. You know the one who comes to stay with us every August" my mother said causing me to blush. "Mom, how did you even know? Please don't say anything to dad mom" "I'm not sweetie, come on in the house, dinner is almost finished. Go wash your hands and then come to the table your brothers are already in the house.

 "Ok, mom?" "Yes?" "I can't wait until he gets here" "Girl you're a trip you know that" my mother giggled. It was now seven at night and all the streetlights where on, so that means all the kids were going inside of the house and we were getting ready to eat. My mother made some fried chicken, stream beans and mashed potatoes with some good Kool-Aid to drink. I couldn't wait to eat. I loved my mother's cooking. Me and my brothers where all seated at the table and we were saying a prayer over the food when there was a knock on the door.

My father went to go and answer the door. While my father greeted whoever was at the door, we were just about finish eating. When I finished, I cleaned my plate and headed upstairs to my bedroom to change my clothes for the night. I changed into a clean t-shirt and some sweats just so I can be comfortable while we watched television. I quickly changed my clothes then headed down the stairs.

 Right when I was about to go down the steps, I bumped into something hard and dropped my phone. "Oh, my bad" A familiar voice said causing me to look up. "You good?" he asks. "Oh, August hey! I'm sorry for bumping into you "I said. I was so excited that he was here, but I had to keep my excitement under wraps "Nah that was my fault Alyssa I apologize" "Your fine" I said and then paused and just looked at him for a while. He looked good, he has peach fuzz and a mustache now. "Can I get a hug?" August asked pulling me out of my thoughts. "Huh? Oh yeah sure" I replied and was soon engulfed into his arms, I melted immediately.

 It was just something about his energy, it drew me in unintentionally. We were hugging for quite some time, so I tried to pull away, but he held me tighter then said something that I didn't expect him to say. "I missed you A" I was quiet for a minute because that was unexpected. "We miss you to August." "No. I said I miss you A." I giggled nervously then looked him in his eyes to see exactly what emotion would show itself, and there it was in all of its glory that one emotion I never ever seen him wear on his face. For as long as I have known him, and he wore it for me. "I missed you to August" "Did you?" "Yeah" When I said that he began to relax into my embrace as he seemed to melt into my arms. He startled me when he pulled me back in for another hug and this time placed his head in the crook of my neck. I could feel his warm breath tickling the nape of my neck, and it made me tense up. I believed he felt me get tense because right on queue he began to rock back and forth slightly until I was calm and relaxed in his arms. "August?" "Yes." "My brothers are waiting for me downstairs, were watching a movie you should come down and join us" "yeah, ok" he said and then squeezed me a little tighter before letting me go and said, "I will meet yawl down there." "Okay August" I said rubbing his arm in a soothing way hoping he would loosen his grip on me so that we could part ways, but I really didn't want to let go.