10

The present

"OK bro she should be out on the back porch they must have finished eating cause when she finish eating she always hang out on the back porch for a few minutes just thinking she does this every year that's the perfect time to sunrise her. "

"Thanks bro I'm right around the corner, I'm about to pull up in a minute." "OK I'm out front you going to see me"

When I pulled up to the house sure enough I saw Dilan waving me over. I parked and got out of the car and walked up to this house that was once familiar to me at a time in my life. I walked up and gave the bro Dilan some dap and a hug I miss him a lot.

"Come on in bro my mom and dad can't wait to see you" when I walked in the house everyone was very excited to see me and D's mom was mad cause I was gone all of those years. She acts like my mom she started crying and everything. "aww mom it's ok" when I was younger I use to call her mom because she was, she was my mom to these things that she did for that I couldn't repay her for so I thank her every time I get a chance to. "Pop!" I yelled over so he can see me "August what the hell is that august, boy get your narrow ass over here" pop said surprised and angry because I been missing in action. "What up pops" "Boy nothing the question is where the hell you been all them years now?" "I been getting somethings in order you know making sure me and mine straight" "I know that's right" "pops can I ask you something important?" "Yeah what's wrong" I said taking us in the living room to take a seat. "Well I came here to let you know and ask you something" "well get to it son" "I wanted to tell you that I am in love with your daughter and I want her hand in marriage"

 "Oh I thought it was something serious. Everyone could see that. What I'm trying to figure out is why it took you so long to realize that you really loved her?" "well when I was younger my mind was clouded and then yawl know what happened my brother got killed and I just wasn't mentally ready I had to find my relief before I could come back to her I didn't want to mess anything up with her because she was the one for me so I took my time and would you look at god working I came back to and for her." "Well son let not waste any more time then I want some grand babies. I give you my blessings. she out back doing what she do every year taking in the cold air and thinking while watching the beautiful lights of the neighborhood go ahead out there she been waiting for your ass patiently." "I hear you pops thank you" I got up and gave him a hug and thanked him one more time before I made my way through the kitchen to see A. " aye mom can you make me a plate?" "Yeah, where you going?" "Out back to see my wife mom" "yeah what?" "My wife" I said one more time and straight off the bat she started crying. "Omg finally I was really concerned about her" "I here to save the day mom it's been to long" "yes it have go ahead out here your plate is going to be made when you come back inside" "Ok thanks mom" when I finally reached the back porch I was at a loss for words there she was taking in the holiday lights and she was all woman now. She was classy but now she carry power you can feel it radiating off of her. She is important and she earned that shit well Mrs. C.

She was in almost a day dream state kind of like she was in deep thought but she was mentally gone I wonder where she is let me interrupt her thoughts real quick. I walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her and snugged my head into her neck and kissed it and said. "I missed you so much ma so much" "who is this?" "So you don't remember me now bay'beh" I asked while still holding her from behind "....." she didn't respond I guess she didn't have nothing to say and then I heard her sniff. "August?" "Hum?" I hummed in her ear. "What?" "It's me bay'beh I here" when I said that she started full out crying. "August?" she cried "I thought you forgot about me and moved on" "Me? Move on from what?" "I thought you found someone and you just forgot about me but...Aug I waited like you asked me to" "I know bay'beh, you did and I love you even more for that, ... can a nigga get a hug?" when I said that she started laughing" "yes hey Aug" "Oh no you got that name wrong."

 "What?" "That's baby daddy to you women" when I said that she started laughing even more. "There it is that smile I like to see" she turned around and so she could hug me properly and when she did that I kissed her on the lips. I'm pretty sure it took her by surprise but then she started kissing back. We kissed for about a good hour while I whispered sweet nothings in her ear and she giggled now that's love right there. "Aug I really missed you" I know I have a surprise for you on Christmas" "Is that right?" "Look at you picking up my slang" I giggled. "Did you eat?" "No not yet" "let's get you inside so you can eat then maybe we can chill" "I like the sound of that" "Aug?" "Hum?" "I love you" she said to me bringing back memories from that night in the hospital when I got shoot in the drive by. I looked at her for a good minute. "I love you to bay'beh, I love you to" after we shared those words we made our way back into the house and sure enough moms had my plate with pops on the side of her shaking his head. "You one smooth son of a bitch you know that?" "Aye no cursing in my damn house" moms said making me laugh out loud. Yeah I'm home and I think I'm going to stay here for a minute I miss this.