Chapter 1

"

Not long now" The young, soon-to-be-father smiled softly, eyes narrowing as he lovingly stared at the large belly of his beautiful wife.

He carefully rubbed his hands across her belly and leaned against it, a proud and eager smile perched on his lips.

Light blue eyes sparkled at the realization his son is overdue and could be there any moment now. He could feel his stomach fluttering with butterflies the more he thought about it.

It was a dream come true. They'd been told multiple times, by different sources and doctors, that this little miracle wouldn't happen. After countless doctors and specialists insisting and warning her. Her body was inhospitable for a child.

It was a very unlikely and risky situation, should it happen.

Their world and dreams shattered every time this news was told. Yet, they continued to try, and eventually, after two years the two bars had appeared on all three tests, and they'd never looked back.

His gaze locked onto the round, bulging and radiating belly, soon to catch the glimmer of red from the corner of his eye as it flowed with the winds embrace; his wife's hair– bathing in the sunlight that rushed through the window. It was a beautiful setting and the perfect subject.

He looks at her stomach, and smiles brightly – blinking at her, his cheeky grin hidden behind her belly; but it's so evident in his eyes.

She's so exhausted, she barely moves. Why would she? The sun's rays were soothing, as the wind whisked through their small home.

It's a great and comforting afternoon, and she wouldn't have it any other way.

"Not long at all," she finally breathed, her lips curving, adjusting herself carefully from her position. Even with that short reply, she was breathless, but she beamed all the same; her expression one of pure love. "How about we evict him? He's already been there too long" She huffed, with a rumble of a laugh. She hates to admit it, but she's had enough. It left her so tired, even getting up was a daunting task, not to mention the thousands of trips to the bathroom. That subject is an entirely different story that needed its own book to explain the difficulties of pregnancy and childbirth.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" He teased, humming softly as he crawls up and hovers over her – keeping enough distance, making sure he didn't crush her and his little man.

His smile turned into a devious smirk, watching as she bit her bottom lip. She certainly was thinking the same thing, with that subtle bite of her lip.

It doesn't take him long to initiate further, closing the gap between them and softly tracing her delicate face with the tips of his fingers.

Softly, and carefully stroking her face; she's so beautiful and magnificent. Her vibrant forest green eyes flashed up at him – staring right into his very soul. He couldn't help but let a happy and delighted moan slip as he continued to admire her.

"Kiss me" She hissed – the spark of a plea tracing her tone before she lifts her head up to trace her lips with his. She's riddled and cloaked in hormones; creating a wild storm inside of her. She feels genuinely happy,

She could feel her heart shaking, and pulse racing with each touch and glance he'd inflict.

So, wrapped in the idea of making love with her husband, but the hint and edge of knowing their son was to be born at anytime. Erratic, and shaken with every single emotion she could even think and feel, yet she just wanted to be close to her husband, as close as she can be.