Chapter 5: The Third Floor Corridor

By that very afternoon, word had spread throughout the whole of Hogwarts that Harry had been selected as the Gryffindor Quidditch team's new Seeker. Everywhere Shaye went, people were talking about it. In fact, people were even coming up to her to ask about since she was friends with Harry.

It felt good to have strangers coming up to her to ask about something that didn't have to do with her sister.

"Seeker?" Ron gushed as he, Harry, and Shaye emerged from their last class of the day. "But first-years never make their house teams. You must be the youngest Quidditch player in-"

"-a century, according to McGonagall," Harry stated proudly.

All of a sudden, Ron's twin brothers, Fred and George, who were in third year, came up behind the trio. "Hey, well done, Harry. Wood's just told us." one of them said, but Shaye couldn't be sure which one it was.

"Fred and George are on the team too," Ron said. "Beaters."

"Our job is to make sure that you don't get bloodied up too bad." Fred, or maybe it was George, said. "Can't make any promises, of course. Rough game, Quidditch."

"Brutal," the other one added. "But no one's died in years. Someone will vanish occasionally."

"But they'll turn up in a month or two."

As Shaye, Harry, and Ron turned into the courtyard, separating from the twins, Harry's face started to turn pale from the terrifying things he had just been told by Fred and George.

"Oh, go on, Harry," Ron encouraged him. "Quidditch is great. Best game there is, and you'll be great too."

"Ron's right." Shaye agreed. "You should at least give it a try."

Harry nodded slowly. "But I've never even played Quidditch. What if I make a fool of myself?"

"You won't make a fool of yourself," Hermione said as she jumped up off of the bench where she had been studying and joined the group. "It's in your blood."

When Harry's eyes narrowed in confusion, unsure of what Hermione was talking about, she led the three inside to one of the many Quidditch trophy cases. With a smile on her face, Hermione pointed to one of the plaques of a past Gryffindor Quidditch team that read, Seeker, James Potter.

"Wow!" Ron gasped. "Harry, you never told me that your father was a Seeker too."

Harry shook his head. "I didn't know."

"Now you definitely have to do it!" Shaye smiled as the group of four exited the corridor and started up a flight of stairs.

"I'm telling you, it's spooky. She knows more about you than you do," Ron told Harry, referring to Hermione.

"Who doesn't?" Harry retorted fairly. 

All of a sudden, the staircase lurched to the side and Shaye gripped onto the railing hard. "What's happening?" She was too spooked to remember that the stairs switched landings every so often.

"The staircases change, remember?" Hermione reminded her.

When the staircase stopped at another landing, Shaye finally released her death-grip on the railing. "Oh, right." She breathed out.

"Let's go this way." Harry stepped onto the unknown landing. "Before the staircase moves again."

Taking the lead, Harry slowly opened the door that the staircase had taken them to and the four students stepped into a dark and very abandoned-looking corridor. All of the lights were out and the ceiling, walls, and statues were covered in dust and cobwebs.