Chapter 11: Can't read you

***

The squad was early the next day. Kami ang nagbukas ng sewing room for Miss delos Santos' class. We brought our Runway Suitcases—one is a portable makeup station and the other is a makeup and jewelry drawer. Both folds and transforms into a suitcase. It's a group property and only for glam up use. Puwede rin for date night, except Rel seldom needs it. That poks.

May kani-kaniya rin kaming dalang damit para sa runway look ng denim creations namin.

My OOTD for the day was a green and blue stripes wrap dress, paired with lemon strap heels, and Versace earcuff. The wrap dress was so I could easily change later kapag irarampa na ang bikini ko. Amber's OOTD was a balloon sleeve ginger crop top, fitted black jeggings, and D&G wedge. Zia's was a mesh white long sleeves tucked in a high-waist black denim mini skirt, white bralette, and ankle-strap printed heels. Rel's was a waste. She's wearing a soft green floral midi dress pero pinatungan ng ancient niyang white cardigan. And she's wearing her boring flat sandals again. Ilang ulit na kaming nag-offer na bilhan siya ng ibang shoes but she only allowed us a nude pair that she wears on special occasion. For her runway look today, she borrowed from our closet.

Maaga kaming nag-makeup under Zia's direction, since she's the one with unique taste when it comes to makeup. Ako ang nag-advise ng jewelry. Dalawa kami ni Zia na nag-brush up ng buhok. Sina Rel at Amber, nag-pony tail.

Pagdating ng mga kaklase namin at ni Miss delos Santos, we were already setting our hair.

Nang makapaghanda na rin ang iba pa, lumipat kami sa Runway room. The Runway was a large room with a catwalk. May naka-install ding camera doon for creative shots. Prof. Solis was there. He looked bored when the class entered but brightened up when he saw our group. Prof. Solis (or Mitchy as we adorably called him) is one of the few who really loves fashion as an art and a form of expression than just mere subject and business.

"Prof. Solis kindly helped us with the runway and the backdrop," simula ni Miss delos Santos. She (to our surprise) smiled sweetly to Mitchy. "He will also take a picture of your runway style and you can get a copy for your portfolio—a must before your on-the-job training. Let's give him a round of applause, class."

We clapped while Mitchy bowed and waved like a beauty queen winner. Kaaliw.

"Let's clear the area here and proceed backstage. I invited other blocks to watch your runway," sabi pa ni Prof. delos Santos.

We excitedly went backstage, almost in disbelief that the professor could think of something like this. Baka may nag-suggest, para hindi sobrang boring ng class niya. Backstage, we retouched and rechecked our looks. Then on to the catwalk.

There were fourteen of us in class. Ang dalawa pang blocks, nasa ganoon ring bilang. Mas marami kami no'ng freshman year pero marami ding nag-shift nang maging demanding sa effort at pera ang course.

We lined up alphabetically which means we go Delfino (Rel), Hermosa (myself), Strobel (Zia) and Villada (Amber). Naka-sandwich kami sa iba pa naming mga kaklase. The air was pumped up with music when flourescent lights were replaced by strobe lights and led lights coming from the backdrop screen. Narinig din namin mula sa backstage ang ingay ng ibang blocks na dumating. Two of our classmates walk before Rel.

Rel has this ability to transform if and when she wants to. Her transformations are usually for the catwalk, when we have to model our creations. We usually channel our inner Victoria's Secret angels.

Rel channeled Doutzen's powerful strides. She wore an electric blue bralette under her denim skirt paired with a low wedge lace-up sandals.

I am always Alessandra, confident and happy on a catwalk. I wore my denim bikini with a sheer beach shrug paired with a lace-up gladiator. Hinubad ko ang shrug habang naglalakad at itinapon sa isang nakasimangot na audience.