O-S 2 : The Avatar of...

It was just a normal day in the House of Lamentation. After school hours, she was half asleep, sitting on one of the couches of the common room. Surprisingly all the brothers were here, except for Lucifer who had to stay a little with Diavolo to help him with some paperworks. Asmo was redoing his nails, Levi was playing a game on his phone -probably Mononoke Land-, Satan was reading, Beel was...eating as always. Belphie was napping on her lap, and Mammon was browsing the net while pretending not to care about Belphie and her.

          It was just one of these normal evening when she was just enjoying being with them, even without any interactions. She was just comfortable and happier with their presence. It was weird considering she was human, and they were all demons, but they had always seemed human to her. They weren't that different. They were powerful, yet respected her -after proving herself, but still- and had all accepted to make pacts with her. They trusted her not to take advantage of them, and she trusted them with her life. They weren't just human and demons. They were friends. Family.

"Wow, what a dream..." Said Belphie, yawning and sitting up, interrupting her thoughts.

"What did you dream about?"

"You." he responded carelessly, before showing a malicious smile.

          She did not expect that one. Although she should have. Recovering quickly, she asked :

"Really? What happened?"

"Oh, nothing much, but in that dream you were also a demon."

"A demon? Cool! How was I like??"

          Sometimes, she'd daydream about being one of them. They were close, but there was still that line drawn between humans and demons. Had she been a demon, they would have probably never met, but still, if she could become a demon right now, maybe she'd say yes.

"I don't remember clearly, but you wore that costume you had for Halloween."

"Oooh, yeah I remember! It was pretty cool."

          Asmo had picked two outfits for her. An angel costume and a demon costume. After hesitating between the cute and the sexy vibe, she thought she wanted to be more like them and picked the demon one. It had been an eventful evening, but she still had fun.

"I've always wondered... If I was a demon, what would my sin be? If were to be an Avatar, what would I be?" She said out loud.

           Asmo lifted his eyes to her with an amused smile.

"The Avatar of Cuteness?"

          The others laughed, while she pouted.

"Aww, come on! There must be something!"

"Nope" replied Satan. "You don't have any sin".

"You're too pure for that" added Levi without looking up from his game.

          She couldn't decide whether they were complimenting her, or making fun of her. Probably the latter.

"You're basically more an angel than a human at this point" finished Mammon, trying to sound insulting as if to hide the nice things he was saying or his blush.

"I'm not! Come on guys, there must be something bad about me!"

"Well there is" admitted Belphie "but it's not enough to actually be called a sin."

"So there is something!" She insisted with a victorious smile. "What is it?"

          Belphie seemed to really be at a loss for words. Suddenly the room went quiet. She sighed desperately.

"Look, guys, I can handle criticism. Nobody's perfect. I won't get mad, come on."

"You're nosy." Said a tired voice in her back.

          All heads then turned to Lucifer, who sat on a chair next to her. He looked at her with a serious look, but she could tell he was amused. She couldn't deny that statement. She did meddle with all their family problems even though she was a stranger. She had wanted to know everything about them in order to help and befriend them.

"That's...true. I can't argue with that fact.' she admitted, bowing her head in defeat.

          Although she sure wasn't sorry. She'd do it again. And they knew that.

"So in the end, Namiko would be the Avatar of Nosiness?" Asked Asmo.

"That sounds horrible." Satan remarked.

"Yeah, but it's accurate" added Levi, still focused on his phone.

"But I do it because I care! I do it all out of love!" she protested, whining.

          She thought about it for a moment, before realising.

"Hey, love can lead us to commit all sorts of crime! Love is a blessing as much as a sin!"

"So you'd be the Avatar of Love, then." concluded Asmo with a nod and a smile.

"Also fitting" Agreed Satan.

          The others nodded in response. She thought about Lilith. She smiled sadly. Her only crime was to try to alter a human lifespan. But she too, had done it out of love, and never regretted it. She understood her. She would have done the same, no matter the consequences.

"You're thinking about Lilith, right?" whispered Belphie quietly so the others wouldn't hear.

"Yeah, I think she would have been the Avatar of Love, had she survived the war." She whispered back slowly, unsure of how he'd take that thought.

          Talking about Lilith was still hard for any of the brothers, but especially for Belphie and Beel. She tried to avoid the topic as much as possible, and was always approaching the topic carefully. She herself, had great respect for her ancestor. She was curious about how she was like, but never dared to ask questions.

"I think so too. You are different from her, yet you're alike sometimes. You both have that strong will that comes with your love and would make you break any laws in your way." He said with a smile.

          Sometimes, when a demon was bothering her, telling her she was nothing but a mere human, one of the demon brothers would say "She's not any human ; she's the Avatar of Love." just to cheer her up. And then, they'd beat up the demon of course, until she's actually concerned for the life of said demon.