O-S 5 : These comforting night.

Hellooo people! This chapter is a bit different, as it is split in 7 parts! Each part is very short, buuut the whole chapter should be enough, right? Please enjoy!

The first and sixth part contain spoilers from lesson 17. Well if you've reached that part, you probably know what I'm talking about!

*** *** ***

First Part.

          It was the middle of the night. She was sleeping when a few knocks on her door woke her up. Who was waking her up at this hour of the night? She was used to having one of the brothers texting her in the middle of the night, and she sometimes was awake to reply. But never had they directly come to her room. That was strange enough to wake her up completely. Maybe it was urgent?

"Come in!" She said, her voice still a little hoarse from sleep, while sitting up in her bed.

          The door opened slowly, revealing Mammon's face. She threw her blanket away, and sat up on the edge of the bed, wondering what was up. It was weird of him to be this quiet and hesitant. He closed the door behind him, before coming her way. She remained silent and did nothing, waiting. Was he sleepwalking? He never did before.

          Before she could ask any question, he kneeled before her and took her hand, watching her in the eyes like it was the first time he saw her. There was a haunted look in his eyes. She didn't like to see that expression on his face.

"Mammon? Is there something wrong?" She asked, her tone gentle to not rush him.

"This isn't a dream, right?" He said, his voice cracking as if he was about to cry. "You're here, right?"

"Mammon, yes I'm here, you're not dreaming!" She replied with wide eyes. "But, what happened?"

             He seemed to relax a little, regaining a hold of himself.

"It's nothing, I was still half-asleep, I think. Well, now I should go and let ya sleep..."

          He was about to leave, so she grabbed his sleeve. He still seemed unwell, she couldn't let him go.

"Mammon. Please, tell me. I'm here. You trust me, right? I know you're not okay, so please tell me. I can't let you leave like that."

          He reluctantly sat up on her bed.

"I...I had a nightmare." He confessed, looking at the floor in front of him instead at her.

"What kind of nightmare?" She asked, putting her hands on his arm when she saw he wasn't going to pursue.

          He turned his face to the door, so she couldn't see his expression.

"You remember when Belphie...Hum...You know..."

          She suddenly understood, and froze with wide eyes. Oh no...

"When he killed me..." She let out in a whisper.

"Right." He nodded, his voice hoarse. "I did see you die in my arms. I still have nightmares about it."

          He was trying to sound casual, as if it wasn't affecting him, but she wasn't fooled.

"Oh Mammon, I'm so sorry. I guess I never really thought about it, but yeah, it must still be tough..."

          Slowly, she hugged him, holding him tighter, burying her face in his shoulder.

"I'm here, Mammon. I'm alive. I promise that won't happen ever again."

          He just held her tighter, and she felt his tears falling on her shoulder. Her heart seemed to break. She felt so bad. How could she have not realised it sooner? Seeing herself die was a weird experience, sure, but the six brothers really thought she was dying. They had all stood around her lifeless body, helpless, knowing they couldn't save her. Mammon had held her in his arms, calling her again and again. She could still hear the tears in his voice, his desperation as he had gradually understood there was no way she would wake up.