Deja Vu.

When Jacque finally regained his senses, he found himself in the base's medical ward where a very worried Dunkerque was watching over him. A small pile of wrappers led the commander to believe that she had been stress eating some of her sweets while she waited for him to come to, and Le Malin and Jean Bart were nowhere in sight.

"What in the world happened?" Jacque mumbles as he attempts to sit up, but Dunkerque gently pushes him back down on the bed.

"It's a miracle that you're even alive..." Dunkerque says, wiping away some dried tears. "You got shot by Richelieu and you were sent flying..."

"Am I okay?" Jacque asks. "Can I still move and everything?"

"Yes, you can still move... Somewhat." Dunkerque says that last word under her breath but her commander hears it anyway and realizes that he can't quite move his left leg. When he looks under the sheets it's still there, but any attempts to actually lift his leg only garter zero response. "You must have hit the ground hard enough to smash your knee, they say you'll need a cane until you recover."

"Well, at least nothing is missing." Jacque chuckles weakly as a nurse walks into the room and discharges him. Just outside of the medical building Jean Bart and Le Malin wait impatiently for their wounded commander to emerge, and their heads perk up as the doors swing open to reveal none other than the commander himself, sporting a cane and being escorted by Dunkerque.

"Whew! What a relief!" Jean Bart chuckles. "I thought you'd never come out of that room alive! Seriously though, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I think so." Jacque replies. "At the very least I can still walk, even if I need this."

"Still you may want to take it easy from there." Jean Bart says. "I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to put so much stress on something that's been damaged."

"Jacque! Thank god you're alive!" Andre calls out. "How are you even still walking?!"

"I guess that was just a stroke of dumb luck." Jacque chuckles. "Looks like you got out fine."

"Well that's just because I reacted quicker and got away." Andre says.

"Well there's that yes." Jacque replies. "What's the damage report? Anything destroyed?"

"No superficial damage to the base, but everything else around it has taken a couple of shells." Andre says. "It shouldn't take that long to repair."

"And then there's the ships that the girls destroyed, but they were bound to get scrapped either way." Jacque replies. "We really need to get more of those conventional ships, you girls alone won't be able to take them all on."

"As much as I want to say otherwise, you got a point." Jean Bart says. "They took half of the navy with them, and for all we know they could still be building more using what's left out there."

"You don't think they could be with the sirens, could they?" Le Malin asks.

"The sirens? Connerie." Jean Bart replies. "My sister might be religious and everything but I HIGHLY doubt that she would be in cahoots with the sirens." Jacque looks ready to say something, but perhaps out of want to keep the Vichy battleship sane he quickly shuts up and the group continues to make their way to a shipyard where everyone is busy building.

"Don't you worry, we'll get these ladies out into the water in no time!" One of the workers chirps out and Jacque smiles.

"We'll need everything we've got. Those Iris Libre girls aren't ones to give up without a good fight." Jacque chuckles as he, Andre and the Vichy girls walk off.