A Classic Office Romance

"Huh, there's nothing we can really pull out of this can we?" Jacque mumbles as he and Dunkerque look at their most recent battle data that they had gathered from taking on the siren carriers and their strange red wisdom cube shaped bombs that were dropped from the planes.

"Because they leave no traces when they explode, we can't really analyze them." Dunkerque replies. "The most we can make is that they're shaped like red wisdom cubes. What do we call them? Wisdom bombs?"

"That's a pretty convincing name. I guess we'll call them that." Jacque says as he marks the sketches of the explosives that were made with that name. "Otherwise there's nothing really new, and we haven't seen the rogue Iris girls for a while."

"They seem to like pulling back whenever we gain a victory." Dunkerque replies. "Do they plan on attacking us while our guard is down or something?"

"They're sirens, an alien race eons ahead of us. Who knows what they have up their futuristic sleeves." Jacque says as he stashes away the combat data for now. Upon realizing that there are no more documents left for them though, the commander and his secretary have found themselves with nothing to do, except look at one another. That's when the two realize that they have been doing this for the past minute and they look away to hide some very red blushes.

"So um... What do you want to do now?" Dunkerque asks.

"I... Um... Don't know really... You wanna go out somewhere?" Jacque asks back. "Actually... Is there a place we can go?"

"There's a cafe not too far away from here... Literally just a block away. We girls usually head out there when we're off duty." Dunkerque replies.

"So... You wanna go there?" Jacque asks.

"Um... Sure..." Dunkerque replies as the two breathe a sigh of relief.

"That was hard to get out." Jacque chuckles.

"I know." Dunkerque chuckles back, and then the blushes get even more intense as they realize they're going to be spending time together- alone. Dunkerque's boilers are working harder than normal just to keep her stable, and Jacque's heart is beating faster and faster, threatening to beat out of his chest like out of a cartoon. "So... Shall we get going?"

"Um... Sure." Jacque replies as the two decide to head out of the office and head off base. Unsurprisingly the other Vichy girls and the eagle cruisers, even Andre notice the two walking off and they snicker amongst themselves as they figure out what's going on, and the commander and his secretary begin what seems like a long walk to the cafe. As they continue to walk Jacque and Dunkerque kill time by getting to know one another better, talking about the random things in life, and time seems to fly by. Before the two know it they've reached the cafe and after ordering some quick drinks the two take a spot at a random table. Time seems to fly by even faster as Jacque and Dunkerque delve into each others' lives, and eventually Dunkerque hits that question.

"What was it like growing up? I didn't really quite get to experience that as well... I was built for battle." Dunkerque asks. Jacque seems to fidget for a few seconds before finally deciding to talk.

"Well, it was rough. There were times where I thought I was going to die." Jacque replies. "I didn't have the best parents, and school was literal hell for me, but then again, that's in the past."

"Why didn't you want to talk about it before though?" Dunkerque asks.

"It made me look weak." Jacque replies. "What business would a girl have with a guy who still can't get over his childhood?"

"She'd have business with that guy if he was able to grow past the trauma and blossom into a handsome young man, just. Like. You." Dunkerque giggles, and Jacque blushes.

"Thanks for accepting me." Jacque chuckles.

"You're a charismatic one, who wouldn't?" Dunkerque chuckles back as the two continue their normal talk.