Chapter 17 - Leave or Stay?

"Did you enjoy the date today?" Chaeryeong asked as they walked by the river with a few people there.

"I enjoyed it more than i thought. It was fun going back to the old days. Thanks for taking me down the memory trip." He said looking at the ground.

"That's good. So.....?"

"So?"

"What's your answer?"

"Wow... we're gonna go straight here?" He said as he stopped.

"I don't want to wait any longer, Y/N." She paused.

"Don't you want to go back to the old days? I mean, you enjoyed yourself too, right? If you really didn't want us to go back together, then you wouldn't have enjoyed it."

That's.... kind of true. Or is it?

She sighed looking at Y/N who was hesitating. "Here." She got her phone out and started scrolling through it.

"Look." She shoved the phone in front of his face showing a picture.

Wait, this is....

"Remember this? This was our very first photo that we took."

Flashback

"Y/N. Why don't we take a picture from this photo booth as memoria?" She asked him as they walked past it.

"I don't know. I'm kinda shy when it comes to this stuff."

"Come on. It won't hurt." She pulled him by the hand at took him inside as she took our her wallet.

"Wait!" He said while holding her hand from putting in the coin to the slot. He took out his wallet from his pocket and slid it inside. She felt happy by his action.

"Choose the frame, Chaeryeong-ah. It's up to you." He pointed at the screen as she hovered her fingers.

"Hmm.... this one!" She pressed the screen as it told them to pose.

"Y/N! What pose should we do?" She asked as the countdown started.

"I-I don't know." He started panicking as it counted down to 3.

"Uhh... Whatever!"

*click*

Flashback end

"Our pose was weird huh?" He laughed at the picture.

"I still have the printed version at my home. Do you still have it?" Her question made him flustered. He was too embarrassed to admit that he still had it at his house.

"I...." He fell silent contemplating whether to tell the truth or not.

"I'll take the silence as a yes."  Y/N can't help but nod making her giggle.

"You can't let go of the memories too huh? I feel the same, Y/N. Look at the both of us. Fools who can't let go of their past." Y/N thought about what she said.

Damn it. It feels as if she's toying with my mind. I can't help but think what she said just now is true. Fools who can't let go of their past.... sounds stupid. But it does sound like me.

"What do you say, Y/N?" She leaned closer to him making him lean back.

"Chae?"

"Push me back if you don't us to go back together."

She's not gonna let me think about it first huh?

_______

"Oppa.... No.... don't...."