Chapter 3

"What are you doing here?" She blithely said to him. Keep it casual, she told herself over and over again.

"Don't make a big deal out of anything. Don't be too excited to see him. He is going to know that you missed him and then he might use that against you." She thought severely to herself.

He smiled at her. She really did hate it when he smiled at her like that. He had such a handsome face, that became even better when he smiled. Why did he have to do this to her? Why did he have to torture her like this?

"Why do you think I am here?" He pulled her into a bear hug. A tight hug where she could feel the contours of his toned body. She had truly missed this. How long had it been since she saw him last? How long had it been since they touched like this? Too long. She wanted to stay in his embrace for longer. It felt too good. "I take my eyes off of you for two seconds, a brief moment, and look at what you are doing here."

"I have my reasons for what I am doing. But I ask again, what are you doing here? It can't be a coincidence that you are here as well. Have you been stalking me? That's a very bad habit you have, my dearest husband."

He grinned at her, and nipped at her ear. "Ah, it feels good when you call me that. I thought that you had completely forgotten about me and our relationship. It's been 85 years since we saw each other. I know that's just a drop in the ocean of time for you, but for me, it has been agony. Each moment that I waited for you to come back was pure torture. Finally, I decided enough was enough and I came searching for you. And what do I find? You dilly-dallying with some random stranger? Have you started committing adultery, my dearest wife?" He seemed a bit angry.

This was nice. Was he actually feeling jealous for once?? She hoped so. It would be delightful if she could use this against him somehow. Maybe, she thought, I should let him simmer in his jealousy for a bit. Normally, he never paid a jot of attention to her, letting her frolic about the world without any restraints or conditions.

She pushed him away from herself, even though she really didn't want to.

"What, you are actually concerned about what I do?? Are your other wives not satisfying you enough?" She bit her tongue. She shouldn't have said that. That was a mistake. Now he was going to know that she had been thinking about him, and missing him. Pining for him, even.

His eyes looked surprised for a second and then he smiled. "Don't tell me you were doing all of this to gain my attention? I have told you before, there's no need for you to do that. We are husband and wife and you always have my full attention no matter what. And you know my other wives are just different forms of you, so I don't know why you are so jealous of yourself? It has to be the weirdest thing about you. I don't get it."

"Different forms of me??? What the hell was this man talking about?" She could feel the rage inside her boiling up. She wanted to annihilate him right here and now, but she also really wanted to make him suffer somehow.

She decided to use her best weapon. Her tongue. Lashing out at him will be the best medicine for both of them, she decided.

"When you say that they are different forms of me, you are surely joking. It would be fine if they were just different forms of me. But I can assure you, my dearest Shiva, that I do not like it, not one bit, when you favour the other forms of me, Sati, and Parvati, in particular, over me. I know you are biased towards them. I know that they are your favourite wives. But what about me? You don't know how I suffer when you ignore me like that. Just because I am blacker than them? Just because I have more rage and blood thirst inside of me. You should love me for who I am, but alas, you don't." She felt empty inside. She had said everything she wanted to say. Molten lava-like anger that had been surging inside of her, cooled down and turned to stone. She felt nothing anymore. She didn't care about him getting angry with her anymore. At least she had been able to open to him about her true feelings.