十八

↷ ⋯ ♡ᵎ

↷ ⋯ ♡ᵎ

"hanako!" shouted a familiar voice as i glanced towards my right, seeing sanemi running in.

"are you okay? are you recovering well? how are you feeling? i'm sorry i couldn't visit you any earlier,"

i forced a smile as i said, "i'm fine."

his eyes shot me a questioning gaze as he took my hand.

"are you sure?"

"she already said she is. now, i think it's better for you to go, shinazugawa-san. she's not in the state to entertain visitors," shinobu said as sanemi gave her a frown before sighing and standing up.

"i'll leave you alone then. i'll come back later to check on you," sanemi said before leaving.

"thank you," i whispered as i took the medicine from shinobu, downing it in a gulp.

"no worries. i know you don't want to entertain anyone right now," she said as she took the cup back from me.

"you're recovering well, it's just your ribs that aren't fully healed yet, but you'd probably be able to be discharged in 2 days. just make sure not to move too much. i doubt you'd need the rehabilitation training... i'll just ask tomioka-san to train with you during his free time. rest well," shinobu said before leaving me be. sighing, i laid back down, staring at the ceiling, my thoughts trailing back to my parents.

the thought of them still brought tears to well up in my eyes.

though, i must admit, whatever giyuu had told me made me feel much better.

i still felt terrible, but at least i wasn't blaming myself 24/7 anymore.

he visited me a lot in the past 2 weeks, not only when i was awake, but when i was asleep too, as heard from shinobu. he was the only one i was willing to talk to.

he did a great job in cheering me up. he always seemed to know when my thoughts strayed to blaming myself and always made sure that i wouldn't think of myself in that way.

i was pretty convinced he went through this before. if not, how could he know me so well?

"hanako!"

well, speaking of the devil.

"giyuu," i smiled as he took a seat next to me.

"how are you?"

"good. i can probably be discharged in 2 days! isn't that great?" i beamed, my spirits significantly lighter now that he was here.

"that's good. i heard from shinobu i'd have to train your stamina back up,"

"yea. you don't mind do you?"

"sure, but why me?"

i shrugged, "you're the only one i'm comfortable with,"

i saw a blush tint his cheeks as i thought, 'cute'.

"w-what?"

oops. did i say that out loud?

"you're cute," i smiled as i moved to the left, making space for him on my bed.

"lay here," i said, patting the space beside me.

grinning, he climbed onto the bed as he slipped his arm under my neck, pulling me closer to him, forcing my face to be buried in his chest.

"your heart is beating very fast, giyuu," i commented as his eyes widened.

"that's cause.... i ran here!" he stuttered.

"you're so cute," i laughed as i placed a kiss on his cheek.

he pouted as he let out a yawn, his eyes struggling to keep open.

"you tired?" i asked as he nodded.

"go to sleep. you need the rest," i said as he frowned.

"i want to keep talking to you," he pouted.

"your health is more important, yuu. sleep,"

his eyes widened at my nickname as he let out a cough.

"goodnight," i grinned as i wrapped my arm around his waist, closing my eyes.

"goodnight love," he said, pecking the top of my head as he fell into a deep slumber.

↷ ⋯ ♡ᵎ

a/n ;
aaa i have exams in like 2 weeks :(