二十六

↷ ⋯ ♡ᵎ

↷ ⋯ ♡ᵎ

giyuu's pov ;

i took a final bite of my daikon as i sighed in satisfaction. looking up, i could see sanemi gobbling down his food. the entire way here was in silence, as well as the meal itself. i mean, what would we even talk about? we practically hate each other's guts.

"why are you doing this?" i questioned, no longer able to hold the question back.

"to get you to talk, or else?" sanemi snickered as he put down his spoon.

"why did you treat hanako like that?" he asked as he paid for the bill.

sighing, i stood up, leaving. he followed closely behind, not saying a word til i was comfortable enough to speak up.

"you deserve her,"

"what makes you say so?"

i hesitated, not knowing whether or not to open up to sanemi, the guy that was against me since day one. but since he asked, i gave in.

"my first love's name was sabito. he died protecting me, and up til today, i blame myself for his death, for being too weak to protect him instead. i'm too weak, i shouldn't even have became a pillar. i'm not worthy of hanako's love either. if i couldn't even protect sabito, would i be able to protect hanako?"

sanemi stared at me in silence.

"she loves you, you know that?"

his words struck a chord in me as i met his eyes.

"but i don't deserve it. hell, i don't even deserve being alive. a guy like me would be better off dying," i muttered.

suddenly, he grabbed my shirt, shoving me against a nearby tree, his face coming closer to mine, his fiery eyes staring deep into mine. (a/n ; that kinda gay tho....)

he gave me a slap as i winced from the impact.

"don't you dare say you're better off dying ever again," he snarled as i widened my eyes.

his words reminded me of what sabito said back then.

"he died for you, tomioka. you can't die like that. the life he lost to protect you? don't just give it up like that,"

"and i'm sure he'd want you to find love too, especially after losing him," he growled.

"i'm sorry...." i muttered.

"i gave her up for you, tomioka. i love her too. but i gave her up, because anyone can see that you two are blatantly in love with each other. she loves you. a lot, and i know you love her too. you two deserve each other, and if you don't proof you're worthy of her love, i'm stealing her from you. got that, tomioka?"

"yea. sorry, and thank you, shinazugawa," i said, first time being genuine in my words.

"no problem. let's go," he said as he let go of my collar, backing away.

"your words remind me of sabito," i muttered as he laughed, "don't go falling for me then,"

chuckling lightly at his words, i replied, "who knew the feisty shinazugawa knows how to crack jokes?"

he gave me a glare as i snickered, the both of us setting off.

it was pretty nice, not going to lie. it was as if i was slowly becoming friends with sanemi.

and it was a great feeling.

↷ ⋯ ♡ᵎ

a/n ;
BYE SANEGIYUU IS 🥺🥺