All The Little Things

Leo looked his girlfriend up and down, an incredulous look on his face.

"You're really starting to like coffee aren't you?" He chuckled, shaking his head.

Calypso swept the empty mug behind her back, cheeks red.

"You know," Leo continued, "I can go to the Starbucks across the street and grab you a gift card. I know you don't know how to work the machine and all, so you can still have coffee when I'm away. Yeah, I can get you one of their reusable cups and everything."

"Starbucks?" Calypso repeated, scrunching her nose slightly. "What's a Star—"

Leo laughed, shaking his head. She was too cute. Sometimes he had trouble remembering she was at least a thousand years old and had only recently been reintegrating into society.

"I don't see what you're laughing at, Leo Val-"

Leo simply shook his head at her again, putting his manuals away and sweeping his scattered tools aside. "Cmon Sunshine," he drawled, pulling her into his arms, "I'm just teasing you."

Calypso huffed, squirming and refusing to look at him. "I don't appreciate—"

"Cal," he said, his voice softer this time. He couldn't help but laugh a little at her expression when she met his eyes. Her face scrunched up, like she'd eaten a pinch of salt, then she started to turn away again.

"No, no, no," he chucked, untangling one of his hands to cup her cheek. "I'm not laughing at you, I swear."

She finally looked at him, her watery eyes pulling at his heartstrings. "You promise?"

"I promise," he affirmed, giving a mock salute before kissing her.

She rolled her eyes at his antics. "Now, what is this Starbucks you speak of?"

Leo wasn't done with her yet. "Hey," he said, voice low and soft like it always was when he got serious with her, "I was just teasing earlier. But I know you've been having a hard time adjusting and all, and I wasn't making fun of that. I really appreciate what you're doing, staying with me."

Calypso said nothing, just pursed her lips. Leo was worried he'd truly upset her, until she lurched forward for a searing kiss.

"Tell me what a Starbucks is," she said, and Leo would've been lying if he said he wasn't slightly turned on by the way she said it.

"It's a... a shop sorta. They sell drinks, like coffee and tea. I think you'd like it." Leo brushed a caramel colored lock of hair behind her ear.

"No!"

Leo startled a little, surprised by her sudden outburst. "No?"

Calypso blushed, ducking her head. "I-I like the way you make it."

"The way I make it? Angel, no I just put the grinds in and brew it with the machine. It's nothing special. At Starbucks, they have all these different flavors you can-"

"No," Calypso reiterated, planting a firm kiss on his lips. "I like the way you make it. It just tastes better."

Leo's heart melted, and it felt like word vomit was going to come out of his throat and ruin the moment. How could he properly and eloquently express the feeling that he'd do it all over again- the crash landing, the oath, the dying and reviving- just to be with her? He gave her his thanks in the form of a lingering kiss.

Every time he saw an empty mug after that, he got the same special feeling he had that day.
________________________________
There was this... thing that Piper did. It wasn't bad— no, not at all like that. In fact it was... kinda adorable? Pipes would kill him if she heard him say that though.