My Love is On the High Seas

A/N: Just something short to keep you guys occupied while I finish pt 2 of Common Sense :)

For some reason Wattpad won't let me upload the song but it can be found on YouTube and Spotify. Based off a beautiful Scottish Gaelic song (I prefer to listen to the version by Julie Fowlis).
_____________________________
Percy was captivated by her the moment he saw her. He'd been making his way home from a long journey when he caught sight of her, sitting up high on a thick tree branch, gazing out over the sea sorrowfully, as though she was looking for something she lost.

The sun was barely beginning to set over the horizon, washing the sky in shades of pinks, purples, and oranges. It was beautiful, but nothing compared to the maiden in front of him. His view of her face was somewhat obscured; he could only see a sliver, but even with just that view, she was more stunning than any other woman he had ever seen. Her stormy gray eyes were shiny with the gloss of tears, and the fading light highlighted the slope of her sun kissed skin beautifully. She was dressed beautifully in a white gown that came to her knees, her shoulders left bare except for the spools of golden curls that cascaded over them.

Percy strained to hear the song she sang, but her voice was as melodic as a siren's, filling the silence with her rich tones. She alternated between ancient Greek and English, but no matter the language, she always came back to the chorus: My love is on the high seas.

Percy was nearly moved to tears by the beautiful maiden's voice, as soft and sweet as the dew that covered each gentle blade of grass in June, as she tearfully sang her song of sorrow. He drew nearer as the stars began to rise in the sky, hearing her once again. My love is on the high seas.

With the full moon bathing her in an ethereal white light, she descended from the branch, instead opting to sit against the tree trunk to continue her melody. Tears streaming down her face, she sang once again, My love is on the high seas.

Percy took a couple more steps, inching closer to her. He couldn't help but be intrigued by her, singing about her love who had sailed overseas and so distressed that her desire to sleep had left her. Drawn by the music, Percy stepped closer, so that he could see the silver of her eyes and the pinkness of her full lips better, hearing her pray to whoever was up above, Protect my love on the high seas.

Percy's heart ached for her; he could practically see her heart breaking with love from being away from her lover so long. Finally, he drew close until he was a mere arm's length away, struck by her beauty again.

Bashfully, he cleared his throat, catching her attention. A flash of recognition shone in her eyes as she took him in, her breath hitching when he reached for her hand and wrapped her into a long-awaited hug.

"Don't cry, Wise Girl. I came safely across the high seas," he said, a small smile tilting his lips as he brought her hand to his lips.

And when she huffed out a watery laugh and promptly pressed her honeyed lips to his, he too sent a prayer up above, thanking them for blessing him with a beautiful maiden who prayed for his safe return home.