Chapter Two: Be careful what you wish for!

The school semester was almost over, and everything was going great. Harley and I were closer than ever. I told him about how I grew up and being in foster care and surprisingly it made him want to protect me even more. He told me how he admired me for all that I had been through and how he would always be here for me. We had managed to keep our hands to ourselves as far as sex because we trying to take things slow. But it was hard I had to admit. Jordan, Jessica, and I had even started hanging out. Crazy right because Jessica and I never got along but as long as she did not talk to me, I didn't talk to her. We even started going out with Harley's friends as a group. It became a weekend thing for all of us. We took turns going to the mall, bowling alley, movies, Dave and Busters, plus more. Even me and my grandma started going to church together on Sundays. We finally started to have more conversations about my birth mom even though she still advises her not to come to see me. Things were perfect!

As I left my grandma's house I was on my way to Harley's house. Today was the day that I get to meet his family. I wore a cute yellow sundress with some loose curls in my hair. I even had some matching white sandals that went along with the dress. I did not want to overdo it because I wanted to make a good impression. Rolling through the neighborhood, I noticed it was a bit fancier than my grandma's neighborhood. All the houses were at least two stories or more. There were expensive cars that were in almost every driveway that I passed. It was nice, now I really started to get nervous. As I pulled up to the house that looked like it was three stories, there was a big America flag that flew in the wind on the pouch. There were pretty roses that outlined the driveway. As I got out of my car, I could see Harley come out of the front door with no shirt on and some basketball shorts. Man, he looked so good with this being my first time seeing him without a shirt. As I stood against my car, my eyes were glazing over looking at his six-pack as it glistened with sweat.

Kissing me on the lips he smiled looking me all over.

"Em, I told you to dress comfortably," he said kissing me again and this time making his way to my neck.

"Well, I 'am comfortable baby," I said making him stop kissing me because he was sweaty.

"I want to make a good impression with your parents," I said fluffing out my dress.

"You look, fine baby. Me, on the other hand, I need to go shower, I was hooping with my dad in the back." He said grabbing my hand and the apple pie that I had brought. Mrs. Banks always told me you never go empty-handed when someone invites you to their house.

"Harley I'm nervous." I squeezed his hand hard.

"Come on Em, it's nothing to be nervous about. They are chill okay." He said as he opened the front door.

Walking in the house behind him, my eyes widen as the house was nicely decorated on the inside. It looked like something off the show MTV Cribs. I saw a pretty mocha lady coming from the kitchen, who smiled and had deep dimples like the one Harley had in his left cheek.

"Hey Emily, it is finally nice to meet you, sweetie!"She said as she embraced me for a hug. I hugged her back.

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Cannon. You have a beautiful home." I said as Harley handed me the pie and headed upstairs. I brought this pie to go with dinner.

"Oh, thanks this is great cause I didn't get anything for dessert." She said as she placed it in a serving dish.

"So, I'm really glad that you and my son are together, he seems to be a lot happier around here these days." She said happily.

"Well, I really like your son. He is a great boyfriend." I said nervously as hell.

"Yeah, he and his dad has gotten closer." She shook her head as she looked out the window that showed their backyard. Seeing her husband coming our way.