Chapter Seven: Peace!

Two weeks have gone by and I still could not believe that I was a mother. Harley jr. was born eight pounds and six ounces and was as cute as ever. He came out with two dimples just like his daddy and a head full of curly hair. He was just so precious. Looking down at him as I breastfeed him. I never knew I could be so in love. Bae was next to me sleeping because he had to go to work and he has been so helpful with our son. The biggest thing to me was I finally felt comfort in being in our brand new home. After the incident with Bella, it was sad to say, but she was dead. Harley's dad was the one who shot her twice hitting her in the chest and in the neck. To be honest, I hurt that she had to go that far to get herself killed, but the girl was crazy. I was glad that it wasn't Harley who shot her because I knew that would only give him more grief. He wanted to be done with the situation and so did I. We promised to never tell our son the actual truth of how he was born until she was old enough to understand everything.

As my son was falling asleep in my arms Harley was waking up.

"Good morning, baby." He said turning over and touching our son's head.

"Morning baby. Can you take him for a minute? I need to use the bathroom."

Coming out of the bathroom. I could see Harley put the baby in his bassinet, he mentioned for me to come to him.

Sitting on his lap, I kissed him.

"What are you up to baby?" Feeling him touching all over me.

"Nothing baby I just want to hold you. I can't do that?" He asked me with that devilish grin.

"Baby you don't just want to hold me," I said as I grabbed his from going into my sweats pants. "You still have four more weeks to go," I said.

"I know women and it's killing me. You're looking so good."

"Boy, I'm still trying to snapback. Plus, I know you see your son over there. We don't need more of him right now." I laughed at the faces he was giving me.

"Emily, I want a lot more. You see how handsome he is." He laughed.

"In the future sure." Kissing him over and over again.

Alright, I'm let you slide this time. He said smacking me on the butt.

Getting back in the bed with our son. I watched as Harley got dressed. It was at that moment that I felt a huge amount of peace come over me. In my life, I had overcome so much to where it was unbelievable. I had started out mad, curious, angry, and confused because I didn't know where I came from and didn't have a family. Now I had that plus more. Even though it came with more drama than I anticipated, I was grateful for it all. I was glad that I decided to find out about my past.