Chapter Four: Pain

The semester was speeding by and it was a week before my birthday. Things were still strange between me and Harley. We were still broken up and I just couldn't bring myself to tell him the news about Aron. Plus I didn't know if us being together was the best solution to everything. I missed him like hell. I missed everything about him, and I could tell that he missed me by the way he was acting in school when I would see him. He was in a bad place. He was not winning a lot of his basketball games and struggling to study for his finals. I knew he was going through a lot but how was I going to be his solution like everyone wanted when I had to tell him the awful news.

I got dressed and got ready to head to his basketball to lift his spirits. I was nervous as hell but Jordan said she would meet me there so I didn't have to do it alone.

An hour later I was in the hallway of the arena and Jordan was trying to talk me into sticking to my plan.

Emily, please tell me that you did not come all this way to chicken out now. You look good as hell and I know he going to trip when he sees what you have on.

I'm just nervous Jordan. We haven't even talked since that whole incident. What if he plays worse when he sees me. I said as I looked at him miss his shot and the coach started cursing him out. They only one quarter left in the game and they were playing really bad.

Look this is going to work and you will see that this is how much that you guys need to be together. She pushed me in the arena and we found seats closer to the courts on the opposite side of Harley's team so he could see me.

His team was so stressed that he didn't even see me. They were all trying to get him to play right and snap out of it.

Jordan made a loud whistle noise as they were getting scolded by their coach and Harley and few of his boys looked back at us. I stood up and took my jacket off.

Harley's eyes lit up as he saw me wearing the jersey that he had got me for Christmas saying " Harley's girl". Some people caught on to what was going on and started clapping and cheering because they knew what was going on between us. I sat down and smiled at him. That's all it took for Harley to get his head together and play right.

See I told you. You guys are meant to be. Poor baby was heartbroken. Jordan said as we watched the crowd go wild as Harley's whole team was on fire, they were racking up points catching up with there opponents.

A few minutes later the game was over and Harley's team had won. It shook everybody including me because they were getting beat so badly. I watched as everyone cheered and ran onto the court. You would have thought that it was homecoming. Harley walked past everyone that was trying to talk to him and made his way towards me.

I stood up and embraced him in a long-overdue hug. He continued to hold onto me.

I missed you so much, Emily. He said in my ear.

I just smiled at him. Looking around us we could hear some of the students saying that they were glad that we were back together. Also for me to never break up with him again.

Shaking my head. I let him go so he could get his stuff from the locker room.

Girl, you stay here all night if you have too until you guys are back together. Jordan said as she patted me on the back.

I'm going to talk to him. I said as I hugged her goodbye.

Girl you guys need to do more than talking she said as she walked off.

Shaking my head I walked to my car and waited for Harley to come out. I saw a few moments later saying goodbye to his coach and heading my way.

Coming up to me, he leaned beside me on my car.