Chapter Six: All hell breaks loose!

Three months have passed by and I'm officially nine months today. Words could describe the joy it has been being pregnant, but my body was aching all over. My feet were swollen, and my back was always aching. I had reached the point where I only wore loose dresses because getting cute just wasn't an option anymore. I knew that I was ready to be a mother now and I was ready to meet my son. As I stood there getting out of the tub looking at myself, I was looking ready to pop any day now. I was only three weeks away from my due date. Getting dressed I thought about everything that has transpired over these last two years of my life. I went from no parents to having two sets of parents who all loved me equally. I had gotten along better with my real mother who was making an effort to get to know me better and wanted to show me that she wanted me in her life. I had a father who was overprotective as ever who loved me so much, I just knew I would be a daddy's girl if he raised me. Our relationship was tight as ever as we spent every weekend together doing something to make up for the lost time. I had learned that he was retired military and worked as an electrician having his own company that was very prosperous. I also learned that he didn't like breakfast food either just like me. He was a great father and insisted on buying almost everything that we needed for the baby. Harley and I almost had double everything for the baby which was overwhelming considering how I thought that we would be struggling. I thank God for my newfound family. It has caused me pain finding out about my truth, but I accepted it and was finally happy.

I finally had my car back and in better shape than ever, but I refused to drive it because sadly I was scared something else would happen to it. Nobody still couldn't find Bella. To me, I figured that she had given up, but I wouldn't put anything past her.

Getting dress in a black sheer maxi dress, I swooped my hair into a loose ponytail. Throwing on a little makeup and some sandals, I was ready to go to wherever Harley had planned for me today. I and he were tight as glue but I could tell he was still hiding something from me but I just let it be. I was still working twice as hard every week after getting a job at the hospital downtown. I barely saw him except for when he came home to go to sleep. Thinking about it everybody was acting a little off. Every time I wanted to go see all my parents and grandma, they were all so busy. Watching Harley opened the door, I let all thoughts go.

"Come, bae, we need to get going." He said as he was grabbed his keys off the dresser. He helped me off the bed and downstairs to the car.

"Harley where in the world are, we going?" I asked him.

"Baby can you just trust me? I just need to take you somewhere and I guarantee that you will like it." He said smiling and holding my hand as he drove off.

"I trust you," I said and was quiet for the rest of the ride as we drove for two hours. I actually ended dozing off in the car.

"Emily baby wake up we are here," Harley said as he was helping me get out of the car.

Looking around I knew I was somewhere that was unfamiliar. It looked a new neighborhood especially since I could see other lots that empty. Waiting for houses to be built. As we moved around the front of the car, I saw my car in the driveway.

Harley, what is going on? I said turning to see him smiling as he guided me towards a big two-story brick house that resembled my grandmother's house. It was beautiful as we reached the porch Harley opened the door.

Harley whose house is this? Seeing that the inside was decorated so nicely. By the front door, there were pictures that lined the wall filled with Harley and me from all the dates and events we went on. My eyes began to water. Harley grabbed my hand as he made me face him.

Emily, I know that I been really busy these past four months but it's been for a good reason. I have been working hard with my dad and some of your family to buy this house for me, you, and little man. He rubbed my stomach. I did want us living out of my parents anymore. I wanted us to be a family and I think this is exactly what we need to begin our new lives. I love you so much.