They Don't Know About Us: First-Year part 3

Chapter 3:

Draco's gang sit in the Potions classroom on one side of one of the front rows, talking among themselves.

Meanwhile, Phoenix's sitting in the middle of the row, a little ways from them as she waits patiently for her professor to come. This is one of the classes that she's been looking forward to ever since she can remember. She checks on her steamy cauldron to see if it's ready for the class - it is. That's when the door gets slammed open, catching everyone's attention.

Professor Snape, their Potions professor, has made his grand entrance. "There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class," he speaks in his rather stern voice. "As such, I don't expect many of you to enjoy the subtle science and exact art that is potion making," he continues while walking over to the front of the class. "However, for those select few...." His dark eyes land onto Phoenix which she returns with a smile. "....who possesses the predisposition," he grabs the ends of his robes and crosses his arms, "I can teach how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death."

She raises an eyebrow and nods her head with her eyes closed for a second in understanding of what Professor Snape is talking about.

His instance eyes lingered on her for a little while before trailing towards Harry, who's writing down something on a piece of parchment. Possibly writing down what he's saying, but paying no attention to our professor.

"Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not....pay....attention."

Hermione nudges Harry to get him to pay attention.

"Mr. Potter," Snape speaks again. "Our....new...celebrity. Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

Immediately, both Hermione's and Phoenix's hands shoot up for the answer.

Harry simply shrugs his shoulders.

"You don't know?" Professor Snape asks. "Well, let's try again. Where, Mr. Potter, would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?"

Once again their hands rise up.

"I don't know sir."

"Pity," Professor Snape speaks, "clearly, fame isn't everything, is it Mr. Potter?"

Phoenix slowly lowered her hand down because Professor Snape didn't see her with the answers to his questions.

Later on during lunchtime, students are working on some homework for future due dates. Phoenix's hand is rapidly writing down some words for a letter while eating some green grapes.

Over by the Gryffindor table, Seamus Finnigan tries to conduct a spell on a cup. "Eye of rabbit," he speaks, pointing his wand to the cup, "harp string hum. Turn this water into rum." He looks into the cup and shakes his head. "Eye of rabbit, harp string hum..."

"What's Seamus trying to do to that glass of water?" Harry asked Ron.

"Turn it into rum," he answers. "Actually managed a weak tea yesterday, before-"

That's when the cup explodes, causing laughter among the students, especially the Slytherins.

Phoenix smirks while rolling her eyes before writing her letter again.

The owls soar into the Great Hall to drop parcels to students.

She looks up to see a package for her. Her pale small hands grab it and smile to see it's from her parents. "A little something for a little pick me up. Love Mummy and Daddy," says a note on the package. Inside the package shows four cauldron cakes, making a huge grin on her face.

Draco looks over to Emberson to see the delight in her face when she sees something in the package. The raven black/grey-haired girl whistles a 'silent' whistle that only owls can hear. One flies down when she gets the letter ready for the owl. He raises an eyebrow confused when he sees her whisper something into the owl's ear while smiling.

"Draco," Crabbe speaks up with his mouth filled with food, "you okay?"

"Yea, I'm fine," he scowls a little, still looking at Phoenix before turning back to his food.

"Hey, Ron," Harry noticed the latest news in the newspaper, "somebody broke into Gringotts. Listen," he begins to read as a moving picture of the employees of the bank freaking out. "Believed to be the work of dark witches or wizards unknown, Gringotts goblins, while acknowledge the breach, insist that nothing was taken. The vault in question, number 713, had in fact been emptied earlier that same day. That's odd," he comments. "That's the vault Hagrid and I went to."

Hermione has a confused look on her face.

The library is filled with House students. They all are either reading, hanging out, and/or doing homework - just normal school stuff. Phoenix is among the students, looking for a book.

She finds a book in a bookshelf and pulls it out to open it. The book title is called "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them". Her eyes lit up in interest as she read a little bit. Phoenix smiles and holds it in her arms. The Slytherin girl checks it out before heading outside.

There's a tree at the edge of the Black Lake close to the Forbidden Forest.

Phoenix walks over there and immediately climbs up onto the lower branch of the tree. She sits on the branch comfortably against the bark. All of her homework is soon complete, but before she could put everything in her bookbag, a slight breeze dances with a strand of hair. It gently turns her head towards where the forest is located.

"Why is the forest forbidden?" she asked herself, really confused. "The forest is completely safe, it just needs it's protector again."

A sigh appears out of her lips before putting away her stuff. "Phoenix...." a whisper in the wind calls for her. Phoenix turns back to the forest. "Phoenix...." The forest is calling for her.

"Oh, gosh, forgive me Hogwarts, but the forest needs me," Phoenix finally makes a decision, jumping down, but her feet didn't touch the ground below, but a gust of wind blows the grass instead.