They Don't Know About Us: First-Year Part 22

Chapter 22:

Almost immediately after meeting the Malfoys, Phoenix and Leith fly out of the train station without being seen and fly straight towards the Queen's Wood. The fear is building up in her body that answers to her questions will only calm her nerves. Leith is scared for his grandmother's safety.

Serpent's in his usual raven form as Eilidh fixes dinner when they return home.

"Mummy!" Phoenix bursts through the door terrified in her human form.

"Phoenix!" Eilidh's shocked by the outcome. "What's wrong?" she asked, running over to her daughter, thinking she's hurt or something.

Serpent is alert of Phoenix's fear.

Their little princess shows them the letter she received prior to returning home.

Eilidh read it first before looking at her daughter with a serious look. "Who gave you this note?" she asked with seriousness in her voice.

"I do not know," Phoenix answers truthfully.

"How much do you know about your distant cousin?"

"Lord Voldemort, born as Tom Molorov Riddle, is the only child of a muggle man and the woman that we don't speak of the name in this cottage due to a love potion that she faced the aftermath for," the young girl explains. "Due to the love potion that she selfishly did caused him to unable to love. He has fallen into the madness of the dark arts, which his obsession of you, Mummy, grew into a dangerous level," she adds more, lowering her head.

"Why is he obsessed with me?" she asked.

"Because you are the only one that he knows of is the pureblood heiress of greats-grandfather, Salazar Slytherin's, bloodline and also, has the Emberson power." Tears begin to form in her grey eyes. "If Lord Voldemort will ever marry you, Mummy, then it's over for us and magical creatures."

"Good princess," Eilidh smiles sadly at her. "Now, let's burn this letter because one of his beloved followers wrote this to show how obsessed this demon truly is. Also, it's getting late, dinner should be ready soon and why don't you go get ready for bed as well?" she suggests with a smile.

"Okay, Mummy," Phoenix nods her head, so did Leith.

They both turn and head up the stairs.

"Oh, one more thing, Phoenix and Leith," her mother grows emotionless, stopping them in their tracks, "don't ever mention the name of that side of the family because they are not family to us."

"Yes, Mummy," she says and continues.

Later on that night, memories of the first war came back to Eilidh. She stares almost scared at the ceiling above her as she lays on her back.

Her husband sees this and transforms into his human form. "You know those are meaningless words on parchment written by a follower," Serpent speaks, pulling her into his chest.

"Yes, I know, but you know how close he was," she says scared, shaking in fear.

"Trust me, I know, dear wife," he sighs, stroking her back. "Remember, he doesn't know our precious princess and we are safe."

"For now," Eilidh mumbles.

Serpent knows that his wife is distressed when it comes to that dark time in their lives. He gently moves her head to him by her chin and softly kisses her.

Eilidh kisses back as tears begin to fall down her cheeks. She knows he will do anything to protect his family, but he doesn't know how powerful the Dark Lord can become if he marries her or even Phoenix. A loveless marriage is one thing, but what Phoenix truly is, that will make any wizard or witch more powerful.

They kiss in sync slowly before the kissing becomes more passionate. The vampire looking man gently gets on top of her, helping her ease her racing thoughts and emotions.

Soon later, they both fell asleep in each other's arms, with only the blanket covering their bare bodies.

"No! Please!" A mid to late twenties Eilidh Emberson gets thrown like a rag doll into a stone wall by Lord Voldemort.

"Shut up, bitch!" He punches her in the face. "You are the last of Salazar's bloodline that is still pure!" he screams in her ear.  "Also, give me your power Emberson!"

"I will not give you my power because your mother fell in love with a muggle," she mumbles under her breath, looking away from him.

That's when she feels her neck squeezes tightly, choking her.

"You better shut your mouth, Eilidh," he glares deadly at her, choking her with his wandless and verbless magic. "Because tomorrow is when we are going to be married and you're going to give me your power."

More tears run down Eilidh's closed eyes as she witnesses the recurring nightmare of a memory.

The next morning wasn't a pleasant one. Eilidh didn't have a good night as nightmares from the past continue to haunt even in her wake. She thought they were at peace when he was defeated years back when her daughter was very, very young, but now with the letter embedded within her mind.....she shakes her thoughts.

This is what the Dark Lord wants, to get in her mind so she can turn comfort in the depths of the darkness.

"Mummy?" Phoenix's voice snaps her mother out of her trance.

Eilidh turns around startled, surprising the young girl.

"Did I interrupted a thought?" she asked, a little worried.

"No, you didn't, princess," Eilidh gives her a smile. "Actually, you helped me out of a trance. I'm going to get breakfast ready. You can write a letter to your friend, Draco, saying that we can spend a week at their Manor home," her smiles grew a little more.

"Are you sure, Mummy?" Phoenix wasn't sure about it. "Is your mind at rest now?"

"Yes, it is, besides spending time with the Malfoys will help out with us mentally since Nissy is a very good friend of mine," she assures her.

Phoenix still didn't think it is a good idea, especially when the image of the Dark Lord is still clouded over the family, but she just smiles at her mother and nods her head, finally accepting the idea.