They Don't Know About Us: First-Year Part 19

Chapter 19:

Harry Potter was in the hospital wing for the past three days because of the fight between him and Professor Qurriell/Lord Voldemort. His body is banaged up, healing his wounds, as he lays in one of the beds of the wing. He wakes up and places on his glasses to see better while sitting up.

The sight of cards and candy makes a huge smile on his face.

Dumbledore approaches him, greeting, "Good afternoon, Harry. Ah," he sees the gifts. "Tokens from your admirers?" he asked.

"Admirers?" Harry asked.

"What happened down in the dungeons between you and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret, so naturally, the whole school knows." They both smiled at that. "Ah, I see your friend has saved you the trouble of opening your Chocolate Frogs," he mentions about the open Chocolate Frogs.

"Ron was here?" Potter asked. "Is he all right? What about Hermione?" he's worried about his friends.

"Fine. They're both just fine," Dumbledore explains.

"But, what happened to the Stone?"

"Relax, dear boy. The stone has been destroyed," he explains more. "My friend Nicholas and I had a little chat and agreed it was best all around."

"But Flamel, he'll die, won't he?"

Dumbledore sits on the bed next to him. "He has enough Elixir to set his affairs in order. But yes, he will die."

"How is it I got the Stone, sir?" He's really curious. "One minute I was staring in the mirror and the next-"

"Ah, you see, only a person who wanted to find the Stone, find it, but not use it, would be able to get it. That is one of my more brilliant ideas. And between you and me," he says to him, "that's saying something."

They both smiled at that.

"Does that mean, with the Stone gone, I mean, that Voldemort can never come back?" he asked, secretly hoping for that.

"Ah, I'm afraid there are ways in which he can return," Dumbledore explains. "Harry, do you know why Professor Qurriell couldn't bear to have you touch him?" he asked. Harry shakes his head for a no. "It was because of your mother. She sacrificed herself for you, and that kind of act leaves a mark." Harry touches his scar on his forehead. "No, no, this kind of mark cannot be seen. It lives in your very skin."

"What is it?"

"Love, Harry, love." He nods, patting his head before standing up. "Ah. Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans." Dumbledore picks up a treat. "I was most unfortunate in my youth to come across a vomit flavoured one, and since then I have lost my liking for them. But I think I could be safe with a nice toffee." He picks up a brown bean and places it in his mouth. "Mm," he tastes it. "Alas. Earwax."

Harry smiles at the headmaster and Dumbledore leaves.

Soon later, the first year Gryffindor is discharged from the Hospital Wing. He approaches towards a room, wearing his uniform, up on a stairwell balcony to see Hermione and Ron talking to each other.

They stop talking when they see their friend smiling and lean over the railing, smiling back.

"All right there, Ron?" Harry asked.

"All right, you?" Weasley asked.

He shrugs. "All right. Hermione?" he asked her.

"Never better," Hermione smiles.

Usually, the History of Magic will feel like a free period or a study class period because the professor will often fall asleep or the students will fall asleep due to his voice will trail off when teaching.