Two

Seonghwa entered the hospital room cautiously with Yeosang right behind him. "Wooyoung?" he asked to get the man's attention.

"Hm?" the guy in the bed looked up, "Are you the insurance people?"

Seonghwa laughed a little, "No, buddy, we're your friends. We came to visit you since you finally woke up."

Wooyoung stared at him like he was crazy, "Friends?"

"Mmhm," Yeosang nodded. He and Seonghwa both sat down on the bench adjacent to the bed. Yeosang was about to say something else, but the doctor walked in, causing him to forget what he wanted to say.

"Wow, you two already came to visit?" he asked, "That was pretty quick."

"Yeah," Seonghwa chuckled, not knowing what else to say.

The doctor smiled, "These friends of yours really must have missed you, Wooyoung. They visited a lot while you were in the coma."

Wooyoung looked back at them,

"Really?"

"Yep," the doctor said, "Speaking of, where are the others?"

"We didn't want to overwhelm Woo since he just woke up," Yeosang explained.

The doctor hooked a clipboard on to the end of Wooyoung's bed, "That was good thinking. I'll leave you guys to it."

Seonghwa waited until the doctor was out of the room before addressing Wooyoung again. "I suppose you want to know what happened to you?" he asked softly.

Wooyoung looked at him and Yeosang, "That would be pretty nice."

"You were in an accident," Seonghwa spoke slowly, trying to let Wooyoung process the info, "Your body went into shock, and you've been in a coma for the past nine months."

"Is my life a drama or something?" Wooyoung laughed in disbelief.

"At this point, yeah," Yeosang said.

"What all have you forgotten?"

"A lot of stuff, except for a few basic things, like speaking and eating and other stuff that the nurse says is ingrained in my brain... and some memories from when I was little," Wooyoung sighed.

"You remember stuff from when you were little?" Seonghwa asked quickly.

Wooyoung gave him an unsure look, "Yeah. Why?"

"Do you remember me? We've been friends since kindergarten..."

"What's your name?"

"Oh shit, sorry. I forgot to introduce myself," Seonghwa fiddled with the ends of his sleeves, "I'm Seonghwa, and that's Yeosang."

"Seonghwa... the name sounds familiar," Wooyoung closed his eyes as he tried hard to remember what he could. Seonghwa tried to think too. What was a good story about them when they were little that might jog Woo's memory?

"Oh! There was this one time when we were having a sleepover," Seonghwa started with a big smile, "the next morning, we woke up super early and crept around my house, pretending to be spies. Then we decided to play Just Dance, and my dad ran downstairs with a baseball bat because he thought someone broke in. And we both almost crapped ourselves."

"I remember that! Afterward, he made us breakfast or something like that. Didn't he?"

"Yep! He made us waffles if I remember correctly," Seonghwa said.

"What about you? How long have I known you?" Wooyoung asked Yeosang.

"We've been friends for three years, since our senior year of high school," the other boy told him.

A knock on the door of the room caught the three boys' attention. A nurse stood in the doorway, holding a tray of food. "Sorry to interrupt, but I have your dinner, Mr. Jung," she said as she brought it in. She sat it on the mobile-table and rolled it over to Wooyoung. After that, she helped him to sit up to be able to eat comfortably. "If you need me, just press the button," she smiled and left.

Wooyoung looked at the food for a minute before grabbing the snack cup of Jell-O. He furrowed his eyebrows and poked around at it before figuring out how to peel the plastic lid off.

"Is it good?" Yeosang asked.

Wooyoung swallowed a bite, "Very."

Overall, the visit lasted about an hour. Seonghwa and Yeosang both noticed how Wooyoung was beginning to get tired, so they decided to let him get some rest. "We'll come and see you tomorrow if you want?" Seonghwa offered.

"I'd like that," Wooyoung smiled.

"Alright, then, see you tomorrow."

"Bye! Make sure you rest well."

"Goodbye," Wooyoung waved.

As soon as they were gone, Wooyoung realized that the painfully bright lights would never let him sleep. Of course, he just had to notice this after they had gone. Wooyoung felt guilty about calling for a nurse because they already did so much for him.

As if on queue, the lights flickered a bit before they completely shut off. Wooyoung thought that the power had gone out at first, but the ones out in the hallway were still on. 'The bulbs must have burnt out,' he thought, 'I'll just tell whoever comes in to check on me next.'

Good morning / good afternoon / good night everyone! It's morning hear for me (though I woke up a little late so it's getting close to the afternoon. I hope whatever time it is, that you're having a great time <3 If not always feel free to message me. 

I woke up to three comebacks this morning and it was amazing. Ab6ix, Hwasa, and Sunmi never disappoint :)

What do you all think about the story so far? Do you have any predictions?